EAU CLAIRE – Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) students received 264 scholarships totaling more than $158,000 recently when the CVTC Foundation hosted its annual Scholarship Awards Receptions.
At the events, scholarship recipients were paired at tables with representatives from the families or organizations that generously donated the scholarship funds. Often donors create scholarship funds to memorialize a loved one, or support a cause, but it all comes down to making a difference in the lives of the recipients.
Local students receiving scholarships included:
• From Boyceville: Jenna Beyrer, BMO Harris Bank Endowed Scholarship.
• From Colfax: Bethany Ferry, Arnold & Lois Domer Foundation Scholarship.
• From Elk Mound: Kevin Reynolds Jr., CliftonLarsonAllen LLP Accounting Endowment Scholarship; Hannah Nicol, Bob Houser – Northwestern Mutual Financial Network Endowed Scholarship and Dairy State Bank Endowment Scholarship; Joshua Swartz, Victor & Eunice Finstad Memorial Endowment; Elaine Antieau, Delta Dental of Wisconsin Scholarship and Northwest District Dental Society Scholarship; and Mary Schulze, Cammie B. Johnson Memorial Scholarship.
• From Glenwood City: Dennis Clemens, Chippewa Valley Model A Club Endowment Scholarship.
• From Knapp: Trina Neidermyer, Cammie B. Johnson Memorial Scholarship; and Nichole Cassell, L. E. Phillips Memorial Endowment Scholarship and Myrtle E. LeMay Best Memorial Endowment Scholarship.