If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Last week I mentioned the 5-7-10 split almost being picked up by Charlie Frieburg. This week Chris Ullom picked up the 5-7-10 split Saturday on the Saturday Nite Live Mixed Doubles league!! You hardly ever see that split left or converted. Great job Chris!!!
Brent Standaert came close to another “700” series last week as Standaert posted a nice 692 series!!!
Kathy Alleman bowled a 210 game on the Wednesday Nite Ladies league, while Lori Klinger threw a 203 that same night.
This is from the Rockpile, October 2001:
LaDonna Hutchinson bowled 93 pins over her average. She bowled a 210 game! Dolly Donovan also posted a nice 187 the same shift.
Dean Richardson put up a 226 game on the Senior league while Chuck Hanson also had a good bowling outing with a 590 series.
Overheard at Leaker’s Place: A woman said, “My husband got stung by a bee on the forehead, he’s at the ER now. His face is all swollen and bruised, he almost died. Luckily I was near enough to hit the bee with the shovel!!!”
Top 5 Songs of the Day – 1965
1. “Yesterday” – The Beatles
2. “Hang on Sloopy” – The McCoys
3. “Keep on Dancing” – The Gentrys
4. “Do You Believe in Magic” – The Lovin Spoonful
5. “Eve of Destruction” – Barry McGuire
• 1860: Eleven-year-old Grace Bedell wrote a letter to presidential candidate Abraham Lincoln suggestion that he would look better if he grew a beard….he did!!!
• 1892: The government announced that the land in western Montana was open to settlers. The 1.8 million acres were bought from the Crow Native Americans for 50 cents an acre!!
• 1955: The Grand Ole Opry first appeared on TV.
• 1983: George Jones married his fourth wife.
• 1970: President Richard Nixon traveled to Green Bay to speak at a dinner in honor of Green Bay Packer Quarterback, Bart Starr.
A funeral procession pulled into a cemetery several carloads of family members followed by a black truck towing a boat with a coffin in it. A passerby remarked, “That guy must have been a very avid fisherman.”
“Oh, he still is,” remarked one of the mourners. “As a matter of fact, he’s headed off to the lake as soon as we bury his wife.”
Quote of the Week
“Burt Reynolds asked me out…I was in his room!!” – Phyllis Diller
This week’s Rockpile Readers of the Week: Todd and Rose Marie Richardson of Glenwood City.
Have a cute story or joke?
Send to: Leaker’s Place
P.O. Box 213; Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net