If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
The “Boondocks” clinched the first half honors on the Thursday Afternoon Senior league. They had a comfortable 21.5 point lead over my Leaker’s team!! Congrats fellas!
Well, Packer fans, the Green and Gold need one more win to get into the “Big Game” on February 7th!!! I’m predicting a 38-27 win over Tampa Bay this coming Sunday. I think the Buffalo Bills are going to sneak by the K.C. Chiefs!! So Packers-Chiefs in the Super Bowl!!!!
I’m going to feature a new feature in the Rockpile starting this week!! It is simply called Baby Boomers! (Baby Boomers were born between 1946 and 1964. They are currently between 57-75 years old). I know there are a few people out there that are a couple years older (close enough).
Here’s our first question:
Q. Who hosted the Howdy Doody show??
A. Buffalo Bob Smith
Keep track of your correct answers. There will be some tougher questions down the road!!!
Song of the Day
• 1953: “Don’t Let the Sun Get In Your Eyes” – Skeets McDonald
• 1963: “Don’t Let Me Cross Over” – Carl Butler
• 1973: “She’s Got to Be a Saint” – Ray Price
• 1983: “Going Where the Lonely Go” – Merle Haggard
• 1993: “Don’t Let Our Love Start Slippin’ Away” – Vince Gill
• 1919: Two million gallons of hot molasses travelling at over 30 mph crushed houses, buildings and parts of the elevated rail in Boston. Twenty-one people were killed and many injured. The molasses burst from a huge tank at a USA Industrial Alcohol Company building in the heart of the city.
• 1932: Los Angeles recorded its greatest snowfall, a record of 2 inches.
• 1943: The Pentagon was opened in Arlington, Virginia.
• 1986: Pop Secret microwave popcorn was introduced by General Mills.
• 2001: Wikipedia, a free wiki content, first appeared online.
Quote of the Week
“If you have to cheat to win, you’re still a loser!!” – Anonymous
An invisible man marries an invisible woman. The kids were nothing to look at, either!!
How Do Court Reporters Keep Straight Faces?
These are from a book called Disorder in the Courts and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and published by court reporters that had the torment of staying calm while the exchanges were taking place.
ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?
WITNESS: He said, ‘Where am I, Cathy?’
ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?
WITNESS: My name is Susan!
ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?
WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.
ATTORNEY: She had three children, right?
ATTORNEY: How many were boys?
ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?
WITNESS: Your Honor, I think I need a different attorney. Can I get a new attorney?
ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 PM
ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?
WITNESS: If not, he was by the time I finished.
Have a cute story or joke?
Send to: Leaker’s Place
P.O. Box 213; Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net