Please enter your login information to view this article.
Username and Password Help
Quote of the Week
“Toilet paper will not get you into Heaven, folks. That’s not what it means when you sing, ‘When the roll is called up yonder.’” – Mr. Wipple
• 1852: The first screw-top bottles were patented in Paris, France.
• 1865: President Abraham Lincoln died of injuries he received from John Wilkes Booth.
• 1923: Insulin discovered in 1922, became available for general use.
• 1955: Ray Kroc opened the first McDonalds in Des Plaines, IL.
• 2013: The Boston Marathon was bombed. Three people were killed and 164 injured.
Song of the Day
• 1962 “She’s Got You” – Patsy Cline
• 1972 “My Hang-up is You” – Freddie Hart
• 1982 “Big City” – Merle Haggard
• 1992 “She is His Only Need” – Wynonna
THE ROCKPILE from March 8, 2000
We had a couple of “300” games over the weekend in our 9-pin tournament. Brent Standaert, who I know quite well, and D.J. Price from Durand, both tossed the magic three game.
The high school P.E. class has been bowling for the last couple of weeks. Ben Teigen is leading the boys top score with a 152 game, and Amy Cuturia has a 141 to lead the girls. In our Mixed Couples Saturday Nite league Doug Standaert is the top dog with a 188 average. Doug’s wife, Kathy, is leading the gals with a 160 average.
On the Saturday Nite Mixed league, Dean Nelson and Jim Hurst share the men’s top average with a dandy 193. JoAnn Smith has the lead for the women with a 166.
The Sunday Nite league has Bernie Obermueller out in front with a very impressive 202, and Peg Mitch is carrying a 172.
I see that the Glen Hills Golf Course opened up over this past weekend with a 60 degree temperature, it had to be a gorgeous outing.
Patty Larson bowls on the Wednesday Afternoon league. A little bird informed me that she accidentally burned down her barn. I’ll talk to you this coming Wednesday and get the details. (Gotcha Patty!)
A driver was pulled over by a police officer. He suspected the gal was not sober. He gave her the finger-to-nose test. She couldn’t do it and this is the excuse she gave him: “I can’t do it. I used to have a big nose, but I got a nose job and now I can’t find it.”