If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
We’ll take a look at the average leaders on a couple of Ma & Pa leagues.
On the Saturday Nite Live league, Jon Standaert has the Men’s top average with a 212 while his dad Bill has a 204 average. Cindy Drury is leading the gals’ high average with a 168 while Rita Anderson and Karla Obermueller are next with 151 averages.
Saturday Nite Mixed has Mike Wink out in front of the men with a 204 average. Bob Obermueller is next high with a 176 average. Lori Klinger is a top the ladies average with a 173 and Theresa Obermueller is second high with a 147. We’ll look at the Sunday Nite Mixed high averages next week!!
A lot of people have been asking about our annual Pheiffer Card Tournament that we normally hold in November. Because of birthday parties that are scheduled, we are going to change the Tournament to Saturday, December 7th at noon. We are taking 12 teams only, so if you want a spot, please call or stop in and sign up!!
• National Drum Month
• National Model Railroad Month
• Peanut Butter Lovers’ Month
Song of the Day
• 1972: “Funny Face” – Donna Fargo
• 1982: “Close Enough to Perfect” – Alabama
• 1966: “Open Up Your Heart” – Buck Owens
• 1976: “Among My Souvenirs” – Marty Robbins
• 1864 – The Post Office began selling money orders.
• 1913 – Notre Dame introduced the forward pass.
• 1950 – There was an assassination attempt on President Harry S. Truman. He was unharmed but one of the gunmen and a police officer were killed.
• 1971 – The first Eisenhower dollar coins were put into circulation. They were minted from 1971-1979.
• 1987 – Shania Twain’s mother and stepfather were killed in a car accident in Canada.
• 1954 – The first Godzilla film was released in Japan.
The more you weigh, the harder it is to kidnap you. Eat cake!!
First Grade Perspective
First graders were given the beginning of these cliches, and were asked to provide their own endings:
• If you don’t succeed … go play!!
• Eat, drink, and … go to the bathroom!!
• He who laughs last … didn’t understand the joke!!
• People in glass houses … better not take off their clothes!!
• You can’t teach an old dog … new math!!
• It’s always darkest before … Daylight Savings Time!!
• All work and no play … is disgusting!!
• Never put all of your eggs … in the microwave!!
• Better to be safe than … punch a 5th grader!!
“Hi, Yo, Silver!”
The Lone Ranger and Tonto were camping in the wilderness. After they got their tent set up, both men fell sound asleep.
Some hours later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says, “Kemo Sabe, look towards the sky. What do you see?”
The Lone Ranger replies, “I see millions of stars.”
“What that tell you?” asked Tonto.
The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute, then says: “Astronomically speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.
“Chronologically speaking, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning.
“Theologically, the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant.
“Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.
“What does it tell you, Tonto?”
Tonto replied, “That you are dumber than buffalo…it mean somone stole tent.”
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Lori and Dion Klinger of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
Send to: Leaker’s Place
P.O. Box 213; Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net