If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
The Senior league’s second half winners, “The Boondocks”, will go head-to-head against Global Genetics this coming Thursday for the championship bragging rights!! This match-up will take place on Thursday, April 11 at 12:30 p.m. If Charlie Frieburg could BS’em to death, The Boondocks would be a shoe in!!! (Sorry Charlie).
Doug “Wado” Standaert chalked up a dandy 778 series this past week on the Hometown League. Wado bowls for Obermueller trucking.
Most of the roll-offs will be in the next couple weeks. I’ll keep you posted.
We have 3 more weekends of the 9-pin tournament left. Right now, we have five people who have qualified for the $1,000 fist place purse!!
Song of the Day
• 1955 – “In the Jailhouse Now” – Webb Pierce
• 1965 – “King of the Road” – Roger Miller
• 1985 – “Crazy” – Kenny Rogers
• 1987 – “Ocean Front Property” – George Strait
• 1995 – “Thinking About You” – Trisha Yearwood
• 1889 – The first Kodak cameras hit the market.
• 1934 – Ford Motor Company announced white sidewall tires as an option on its new vehicles at a cost of $11.25 per set.
• 1954 – Swanson & Sons introduced the first TV dinners, roast turkey with stuffing and gravy, sweet potatoes and peas.
• 1970 – John Wayne won his first and only Oscar for his role in True Grit, on of 250 movies he made in his career.
• 1980 – Post-it Notes were introduced by 3M.
Quote of the Week
“I’m so old when I went to give blood, they told me my blood was past its expiration date!!” – Anonymous
A couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a check up, the doctor tells them that they;re physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember.
Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair, “Want anything while I’m in the kitchen?” he asks.
“Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?”
“Don’t you think you should write it down so you can remember it?” she asks.
“No, I can remember it.”
“Well, I’d like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so as not to forget it?”
He says, “I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.”
“I’d also like whipped cream. I’m certain you’ll forget that, write it down?” she asks.
Irritated, he says, “I don’t need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream – I got it, for goodness sake!”
Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, the old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs. She stares at the plate for a moment.
“Where’s my toast?”
Rockpile Readers of the Week:
Dave Bischel – Downing.
Have a cute story or joke?
Send to: Leaker’s Place
P.O. Box 213; Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net