If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
We had a couple more “700” series this week as Brent Standaert (703) and Dave Brandt (714) each put another one on the tote board. Good bowling, fellas!!
Sara Klatt, who bowls on the Thursday Nite Ladies League, put up her 1st “200” game ever on league. Great job, Sara!!
We’re winding down to just 3 or 4 more weeks of league bowling. Our 9-Pin tournament goes until the end of April
Roxanne Croes picked up 4-7-10 split on the Saturday Nite Mixed league. Great shot, Roxanne!!!
A few of the gals had some good games as well – Cheryl Standaert 214; Lori Klinger 201, Kay Cassellius 186; Tracy Lawson 192, and Shannon Forrest 184. Nice games, ladies!!!
Song of the Day
• 1961 – “Don’t Worry” – Marty Robbins
• 1971 – “I’d Rather Love You” – Charlie Pride
• 1981 – “Guitar Man” – Elvis Presley
• 1991 – “I’d Love You All Over Again” – Alan Jackson
• 1937 – The first blood bank was established in Chicago.
• 1971 – CBS announced it was dropping the “Ed Sullivan Show” after 23 years.
• 1980 – McDonald’s test marketed Chicken McNuggets.
• 1964 – Paul Horning “The Golden Boy” and Alex Karras were reinstated to the NFL after an 11-month suspension for betting on football games.
• 1991 – Reba McEntire’s tour manager and seven band members died in a plane crash.
• 1948 – The Hell’s Angels motorcycle group was formed.
Quote of the Week
“Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.” – Mae West
Joke of the Week
A newly married rancher buys an expensive 8-week-old female dog to help with tending the cattle and names it Molly.
Sadly, it turns out that his wife is very allergic to the dog. So, equally sadly, the poor guy with tears in his eyes, runs the following ad in the local newspaper:
“My wife is allergic to my new female dog so I am now looking to find her a new home. She is 22 years old, an attractive and caring woman who is a great cook, has a well-paying job in town, and keeps a clean house.”
Some Church Bloopers
“Don’t let worry kill you off. Let the church help.”
“The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment, and gracious hostility.”
“Attend the church potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 p.m. Prayer and medication to follow.”
Have a cute story or joke?
Send to: Leaker’s Place
P.O. Box 213; Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net