If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Brent Standaert put up the highest series here at the Rockpile on record. Standaert put together games of 247, 268, and 266 for a 781 series. The previous high belonged to a teammate in his “Obermueller Trucking” team, Dave Brandt. Dave rolled a 772 a couple years ago.
Brent told me that if he hadn’t missed a ten pin in his first game, he probably would have gotten an “800” series. Oh well, it was fun to watch. Good Bowling “Bert”!!!
We had a crew from Broadway Bowl in Menomonie bowl our 9-pin tournament this past Friday night. They were led by squad leader Mike “Spike” Holzhueter. Because of the weather several bowlers didn’t make the trip. Matt Steffenson who sports a 234 average, put up three, 300 games in a row to get his 900 series, which qualifies him for the $1000 1st place prize. All bowlers who bowl a 900 series will have a roll-off to determine the Big Winner.
Song of the Day
• 1972 – “It’s Four in the Morning” – Faron Young
• 1982 – “Lord, I Hope this Day is Good” – Don Williams
• 1984 – “Stay Young” – Don Williams
• 1994 – “I Swear” – John Michael Montgomery
• 1872 – Congress authorized the creation of Yellowstone National Park.
• 1912 – Captain Albert Berry made the first parachute jump from an airplane. He jumped from an altitude of 1500 feet at 50 mph.
• 1961 – The Peace Corps was established by JFK.
• 1962 – The first K-mart opened in Detroit.
• 1950 – Silly Putty was invented.
• 1983 – Phillips and Sony introduced the Compact Disc (CD)
Quote of the Week
“Don’t cry because its over, smile because it happened” – Dr. Suess
Joke of the Week
A funeral service is being held for a farmer’s wife who just passed away. As the pallbearers carry the casket out they accidently bump into a wall. They hear a faint moan. They open the casket and find that the lady is actually alive. She lives for 10 more years and then dies.
They have another funeral for her. At the end of the service, the pallbearers carry out the casket. As they are walking, the farmer cries out, “Watch out for the wall!”
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Roger & Debbie Schug, Glenwood City, WI
Have a cute story or joke?
Send to: Leaker’s Place
P.O. Box 213; Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net