If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Strikers clinched the 3rd quarter honors on the Hometown League. Hager Construction won the 3rd quarter on the Town & Country League, and Clear Lake Storage wrapped up 3rd quarter on the Thursday Nite Ladies league. Congrats to all winning teams!!
We had about 30 bowlers head down to Fond du Lac this past weekend to participate in the State Senior bowling tournament. Mike Dorwin, owner of Strikers (Baldwin), put together a dandy 742 series over the weekend. Tim Veenendall, also from Baldwin, bowled a 279 game on Sunday morning. Veenendall missed a 7 pin spare in the 1st frame and then struck out with 11 in-a-row to get to that nice 279 game!!!
What a nightmare driving back from Fond du Lac Sunday!! We missed that big pileup on highway 41 by just a couple of minutes. There were 131 vehicles involved in that pileup.
I called our trip back “6 Hours of Hell”. (Slippery roads and whiteouts!!) Thanks Joe Walz for being a great driver!
Song of the Day
• 1964 – “Loves Gonna Live Here” – Buck Owens
• 1972 – “Carolyn” – Merle Haggard
• 1985 – “Fire In the Night” – Alabama
• 1988 – “Where do the Nights Go” – Ronnie Milsap
• 1878 – In Connecticut, the first telephone switchboard was installed. There were 21 subscribers.
• 1913 – Alfred Clark patented the rocking chair churn.
• 1922 – The roof of the Knickerbocker Theater in Washington, D.C., collapsed under the weight of 29″ of snow. 98 people were killed.
• 1934 – The “Ski-Lift” was used for the first time in Woodstock, Vermont.
• 1973 – CBS-TV presented the first episode of “Barnaby Jones”.
• 1982 – Jimmy Fortune debuted with the Statler Brothers.
Quote of the Week
“The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have.” – Woody Allen
Joke of the Week – Gotta Love Old People
A doctor that had been seeing an 80-year-old woman for most of her life finally retired.
At her next checkup, the new doctor told her to bring a list of all the medicines that had been prescribed for her.
As the doctor was looking through these his eyes grew wide as he realized Grandma had a prescription for birth control pills.
“Mrs. Smith, do you realize these are birth control pills?”
“Yes, they help me sleep at night.”
“Mrs. Smith, I assure you there is absolutely nothing in these that could possibly help you sleep!”
She reached out and patted the young doctor’s knee and said, “Yes, dear, I know that. But, every morning, I grind one up and mix it in the glass of orange juice that my 16-year-old granddaughter drinks. And believe me, it definitely helps me sleep at night.”
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Shirley Reinhardt, Baldwin, WI
Have a cute story or joke?
Send to: Leaker’s Place
P.O. Box 213; Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net