If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
We had a nice turnout for our annual Xmas Tournament over the holidays. We had 22 teams participate.
The Wilson Legion team took the whole ball of wax with a total pin score of 3290. That team was made up of Jeff Kuehl, Chris Turner, Steve Bazille, Dylan Dikeman, and Brian Casey.
There was a tie for second place between Global Genetics and Strikers, and finally “Terrible Idea” posted fourth place. Congrats guys and thanks to all participants. Congrats to Global Genetics for winning the 1st half on the Thursday afternoon senior league.
It’ll be nice to get back on schedule as the holidays seem to “upset the applecart” as far a deliveries, etc.
Our 9 pin Tournament will get underway the first weekend in February. There are still a few openings if you’re interested in signing up!
• 1950 Song of the Day: “Mule Train” – Tennessee Ernie Ford
• 1960 Song of the Day: “El Paso” – Marty Robbins
• 1980 Song of the Day: “Happy Birthday Darlin” – Conway Twitty
• 1990 Song of the Day: “Who’s Lonely Now” – Highway 101
• 1898 – Dr. William Grant performed the first successful appendectomy.
• 1953 – Hank Williams funeral was held in Montgomery, Alabama as 25,000 people were outside the auditorium.
• 1958 – Sputnik I, a Russian satellite fell back into the atmosphere after 92 days in space.
• 1643 – The first divorce was granted in the American colonies. She accused her husband of adultery.
• 1934 – The American and National league finally agreed to use a baseball that was the same size!
• 1945 – Japanese pilots received the first order to become Kamikaze (or suicidal action) They deliberately crashed their airplanes into enemy ships at Okinawa they sank 30 ships and killed almost 5,000 Americans.
Joke of the Week
A middle aged Wisconsin farm couple is having marital problems. The husband secretly goes to a marriage counselor to discuss the unhappy union.
The husband tells the counselor, “My wife is going to poison me.” The surprised counselor asks, “How can that be?” The husband persists even louder, “I’m telling you my wife is going to poison me. What shall I do?”
The counselor then offers, “I tell you what, see if you can get your wife to come and talk to me and I’ll see what I can find out.”
Surprisingly the wife agrees to see him. As soon as the wife leaves the office the counselor calls her husband and says, ” I talked to your wife for over three hours and we discussed all her problems with your marriage and about life in general; do you still want my advice?”
The distraught farmer said, “Yes, I do.” The wise counselor replies, “Take the poison!”
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Kathy Goossen and Donny Halvorson both of Glenwood City
Have a cute story or joke?
Send to: Leaker’s Place
P.O. Box 213; Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net