If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
The Pumphouse took the second quarter honors on the Hometown League while Melby’s locked up the 2nd quarter on the Town and Country league. Nice bowling guys!!
Several leagues will have a couple weeks off during our Christmas break. Although there are a few leagues where Christmas and New Years will not affect.
There are still a few spots open in our Christmas Team Holiday Tournament. Stop or call if interested. 715-565-7300.
Just a little note to all of our Rockpile Readers – if you have a cute printable story or joke, please drop it off here or email us!! Thanks!!
• 1951 Song of the Day: “Slow Poke” – Pee Wee King
• 1961 Song of the Day: “Walk on By” – Leroy Van Dyke
• 1971 Song of the Day: “Kiss An Angel Good Morning” – Charlie Pride
• 1981 Song of the Day: “All Roads Lead to You” – Steve Wariner
• 1991 Song of the Day: “For My Broken Heart” – Reba McEntire
• 1820 – Missouri taxed bachelors between 21-50, $1.00/year.
• 1944 – General Dwight D. Eisenhower was promoted to a 5 Star general.
• 1946 – “It’s A Wonderful Life” – premiered in New York.
• 1952 – Jimmy Boyd reached #1 on the record charts with “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus”.
• 1957 – Elvis Presly got drafted.
• 1963 – The Berlin Wall open for the first time.
Quote of the Week:
“The Way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
The Angel Atop The Christmas Tree
When four of Santa’s elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas pressure.
Then Mrs. Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.
When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.
Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.
Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drunk all the cider and hidden the liquor. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.
Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.
The angel said very cheerfully, ‘Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn’t this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?’
And thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Santa and Mrs. Claus of North Pole, U.S.A.!!
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net