If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Jordan Wink put up his first “700” series last week while bowling on the Hometown league. Wink rolled a nice 719 series. He’s up on the “700” Board along with Ben Krosnoski, who rolled a 700 on the very first week!! Brian Casey came one pin short of the elusive “300” game last week also on the Hometown league. Brian left that “blankity blank” 10 pin on his 12th delivery to put up a 299 game. Good bowling fellas!!
On the Saturday Nite Live league, both Chuckie DeSmith and Jolene Bonte converted the difficult 4-7-10 split!! Also on the Saturday Nite Live league, Billy Standaert put up an even 700 series, making Billy the third name the 700 board. His high game was 256!!
FYI: We have our annual Pheiffer Card Tournament this coming Saturday starting at noon. We still have a couple of openings! Please call (715-565-7300) or stop in to sign up. We will limit it to the first 12 teams that sign up.
Classic Country Song of the Day
• 1950: “I’m Movin’ On” – Hank Snow
• 1960: “Wings of A Dove” – Ferlin Husky
• 1970: “Run Woman Run” – Tammy Wynette
• 1980: “Theme from ‘The Dukes of Hazard’ – “Good Ol’ Boys” – Waylon Jennings
• 1872 – Susan B. Anthony was fined $100 for attempting to vote in the Presidential election. She never paid the fine!!
• 1935 – The game Monopoly was introduced by the Parker Brothers.
• 1940 – F.D.R. won an unprecedented third term in office.
• 1946 – 29-year-old John F. Kennedy started his political career.
• 1960 – Singer Johnny Horton died in a head-on collision with a drunk Texas truck driver!!.
• 1994 – Former President Reagan disclosed he had Alzheimer’s disease.
Bowling Fact: A “golden turkey” is when you bowl nine strikes in a row.
Curtis and Leroy
Curtis & Leroy saw an ad in the Starkville, MS Daily and bought a mule for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day.
The next morning the farmer drove up and said, “Sorry, fellows, I have some bad news, the mule died last night.”
Curtis & Leroy replied, “Well, then just give us our money back.”
The farmer said, “Can’t do that. I went and spent it already.”
They said, “OK then, just bring us the dead mule.”
The farmer asked, “What in the world ya’ll gonna do with a dead mule?”
Curtis said, “We gonna raffle him off.”
The farmer said, “You can’t raffle off a dead mule!”
Leroy said, “We sure can! Heck, we don’t hafta tell nobody he’s dead!”
A couple of weeks later, the farmer ran into Curtis & Leroy at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store and asked, “What’d you fellers ever do with that dead mule?”
They said, “We raffled him off like we said we wuz gonna do.” Leroy said, “Shucks, we sold 500 tickets fer two dollars apiece and made a profit of $998.”
The farmer said, “My Lord, didn’t anyone complain?”
Curtis said, “Well, the feller who won got upset. So we gave him his two dollars back.”
Curtis and Leroy now work for the government. They’re overseeing the Medicare and Social Security Programs.
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Mary Pat and Kevin Weeks of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net