Lori Klinger bowled the high game of the week for the gals with a nice 233 game. Klinger posted a nice 572 series!!
Brian Casey came so close to that 700 mark last week as Brian put up a dandy 698 series with a 269 game in the mix. Great bowling, keglers!!
Fun Day will be this Wednesday at 12:30 for the Wednesday Afternoon league. Looks like we have a couple of openings – if anyone is interested, call or stop by!!
Classic Country Song of the Day
• 1950: “I’m Movin’ On” – Hank Snow
• 1960: “Alabam” – Cowboy Copas
• 1970: “For The Good Times” – Ray Price
• 1980: “Lookin’ For Love” – Johnny Lee
• 1903 – The ice cream “cone” was patented.
• 1970 – Monday night football premiered.
• 1971 – Coca Cola introduced the plastic bottle
• 1930 – The first flashbulbs were patented.
• 1964 – The first successful coronary bypass was performed.
• 1952 – Hank Williams recorded “Your Cheatin’ Heart”.
• 1848 – Chewing gum was introduced for the first time in the state of Maine.
• 1875 – “Billy the Kid” was arrested for the first time after stealing a basket of laundry.
Bowling Fact of the Week:
The ABC was a gentleman’s club (no ladies allowed) and it wasn’t until 1917 that women got their own governing body – the WNBA.
Need a Haircut?
A guy sticks his head into a barbershop and asked, “How long before I can get a haircut”?
The barber looked around the shop full of customers and said “About 2 hours”.
The guy left, but did not return that day.
A few days later, the same guy stuck his head in the door and asked, “How long before I can get a haircut”?
The barber looked around at the shop and said, “About 3 hours.”
The guy left and again, did not return that day.
A week later, the same guy stuck his head in the shop and asked, “How long before I can get a haircut?”
The barber looked around the shop and said, “About an hour and a half.”
The guy left.
The barber turned to his friend and said “Hey, Bob, do me a favor follow him and see where he goes. He keeps asking how long he has to wait for a haircut, but he never comes back later.”
A little while later, Bob returned to the shop, laughing hysterically.
The barber asked, “So, where does he go when he leaves?”
Bob looked up, wiped the tears from his eyes and said, “Your house!”
Irony of Life
The irony of life is that, by the time you’re old enough to know your way around, you’re not going anywhere!!
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Doug and Arlene Hill of Glenwood City, Wisconsin. (Happy 50th Anniversary!!)
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net