Ben Krosnoski pounded the pocket last week on the first night of Mens League and put up a 299 game with a great 762 series!! Way to start the season Ben!!
Lori Klinger rolled a nice 245 game on the Saturday Nite Mixed league along with a 545 series.
Just a reminder to a couple of leagues: Wed. Afternoon Fun Day will be next week, Sept. 26 at 12:30. The Men’s senior league will have their Fun Day this Thursday, Sept. 20 at 12:30!!
We still have room for a few more subs. Stop in or call for details!!
It wasn’t a great weekend for Wisconsin sports teams. The Badgers really struggled with the loss to BYU and the Brewers lost 2 out of 3 to Pittsburg and of course the Packers ended up with a tie with the Queens!! What a terrible call on Clay Matthews!!!! Could be a long season.
Classic Country Song of the Day
• 1956: “Crazy Arms” – Ray Rice
• 1966: “Almost Persuaded” – David Houston
• 1976: “I Don’t Want to Have to Marry You” – Jim Ed Brown
• 1986: “Little Rock” – Reba
• 1968: “Folsom Prison Blues” – Johnny Cash
• 1901 – President William B. McKinley died, eight days after being shot in Buffalo, NY.
• 1957 – The CBS-TV Series “Have Gun Will Travel” debuted with Richard Boone as the hired gun.
• 1994 – Commissioner Bud Selig announced the cancellation of the rest of the baseball season due to a strike of the players!!
• 1908 – The first airplane fatality occurred. Orville Wright crashed his plane after the propeller broke, killing his passenger, and seriously injuring himself.
• 1961 – A new NFL Team: The Minnesota Vikings debuted and beat the Bears 37-13.
• 2008 – Gold prices rose $70/ounce, closing at $850.50/oz.
Bowling Fact of the Week:
During the early 1900s, bowling balls were actually made of wood and later, a heavy rubber. Around 1960 polyester resin was used for the first time!!
• Dogs can’t operate MRI scanners but catscan.
• Our mountains aren’t just funny, they’re hill areas!!
• Turning vegan would be a big missed steak
• Ban pre-shredded cheese…Make America Grate Again!!
• Electricians have to strip to make ends meet
• Cow stumbled into a pot field…the steaks have never been higher!!
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Lawrence and Marilyn Schug of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net