MENOMONIE — Mayo Clinic Health System – Red Cedar recently awarded six $500 scholarships to local graduating high school seniors going into health-related careers.
Health Career Scholarship Recipients
• Brianna Kraft, Durand Senior High School, Nursing – Winona State University
• Allison Pax, Elmwood Senior High School, Nursing – Winona State University
• McKenna Mattison, Spring Valley Senior High School, Radiation Therapy – Undecided
• Kristen Bischel, Menomonie Senior High School, Pre-Medicine – Lawrence University or St. Olaf College
• Margery Jordheim, Nursing – St. Catherine University
• Kyssa Franseen, Boyceville High School, Pre-Medicine – University of Wisconsin-Madison
“The medical center awards scholarships because we want to encourage more young people to consider a career in health care,” said Patty Bosse, registered nurse and director of nursing administration. “It’s very important to have highly qualified staff at the medical center in all of our job categories, like nurses, laboratory technicians, radiology technicians, physical therapists and other health-related careers.”
This is Mayo Clinic Health System – Red Cedar’s eighth year awarding scholarships to area students. Students who graduated in 2013 from Boyceville, Colfax, Durand, Elk Mound, Elmwood, Glenwood City, Menomonie or Spring Valley high schools were eligible to apply.
For additional scholarship information, go to mayoclinichealthsystem.org, select the “Menomonie” location and look under “Online Services.” Scholarship information is available every spring.