By Amber Hayden
GLENWOOD CITY — The Glenwood City School Board met before their annual meeting on August 20 at 6 p.m. to discuss the approval for key items for the upcoming 2018-19 school year.
In closed discussions the board discussed the hiring of one full time and two part-time instructional aides, the hiring of a new middle school football coach and approve the 2019 school band tour.
The elementary school also asked for approval for the purchasing of new Social Studies resources and a Guided Reading Library.
Next week’s issue of the Tribune Press Reporter will cover the budget and annual meeting that took place at 6:30 p.m. August 20.
During the consent agenda, the Glenwood City Board of Education:
• Approved the hiring of Lara Draxler for a full-time instructional aide position
• Approved the hiring of Tara Price for a part-time instructional aide position
• Approved the hiring of Laura Lee for a part-time instructional aide position
• Approved the purchase of Social Study and Guide Reading Library for the elementary
• Approved the High School band tour for 2019 to Disney World and Daytona Beach scheduled for June 17-22, 2019
• Approved Patrick Gretzlock as new middle school football coach