We had our 50 men head to Green Bay over the weekend to participate in the Mens State Bowling Tournament. I haven’t gotten any firsthand knowledge on scores, but heard there was excellent bowling.
I’ll update some scores in next week’s Rockpile.
Saturday Nite Mixed League had their championship roll-off over the weekend. It was a shootout between “Kroxtrodd” and “The Pack”. The Kroxtrodd crew out bowled The Pack to take the championship. The winning team consists of Tracey and Todd Petersen and Roxi and Kevin Croes. Congrats!!
Ben Krosnoski put up his second “700” series of the year last week on the Hometown League. Ben rolled a nice 704. Good job, Ben!!!
• 1955 Song of the Day: “In The Jailhouse Now” – Webb Pierce
• 1960 Song of the Day: “He’ll Have To Go” – Jim Reeves
• 1980 Song of the Day: “Why Don’t You Spend The Night” – Ronnie Milsap
• 1988 Song of the Day: “Life Turned Her That Way” – Ricky Van Shelton
• 1983 Song of the Day: “Swingin’ ” – John Anderson
• 1898 – Alexander Winton sold his first automobile. It was the first car built in the United States. It sold for $1,000.
• 1953 – Dr. Jonas Salk announced that he successfully tested a vaccine against polio.
• 1964 – The Kennedy half-dollar coin was issued. It was made of pure silver the first year, then switched to copper-nickel alloy the next year.
• 1971 – The Boston Patriots became the New England Patriots.
• 1997 – Former President George H.W. Bush, then age 73, parachuted from a plane in Arizona.
• 2012 – Former Vice President Dick Cheney received a heart transplant.
In a crowded city at a busy bus stop, a woman who was waiting for a bus was wearing a tight leather skirt.
As the bus stopped and it was her turn to get on, she became aware that her skirt was too tight to allow her leg to come up to the height of the first step of the bus. Slightly embarrassed and with a quick smile to the bus driver, she reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little, thinking that this would give her enough slack to raise her leg.
Again, she tried to make the step only to discover she still couldn’t.
So, a little more embarrassed, she once again reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little more. For the second time, she tried the step, and, once again, much to her chagrin, she could not raise her leg. With another little smile to the driver, she again reached behind to unzip a little more and again was unable to make the step.
About this time, a large Texan who was standing behind her picked her up easily by the waist and placed her gently on the step of the bus.
She went ballistic and turned to the would-be Samaritan and screeched, “How dare you touch my body! I don’t even know who you are!”
The Texan smiled and drawled, “Well, ma’am, normally I would agree with you, but after you unzipped my fly three times, I kinda figured we was friends.”
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says, “How did you do when you fell into the oil…well???” Bee Boop!
The week’s Rockpile Readers of the Week: Shannon and Darren Tuttle of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net