Well it looks like the Packers “Left Their Hearts in San Francisco” Saturday night as they basically didn’t show up for the game.
Unfortunately it will be a long time before we can cheer for the Pack again. Oh well, it’s not that far away from watching the Brewers. The next three months actually suck as far as sports go, unless you’re into NASCAR or basketball.
Back here at the Ol’ Rockpile we had some pretty good games and series this past week. Brent Standaert rolled his third “700” series, putting up a 724 series.
Brent’s uncle, Harry Standaert, rolled his first ever “600” series on the Senior league, scoring a 620 series. And, coincidently, another Standaert did something very unusual on the Sat. Nite Live league. Bill Standaert bowled a triplicate series of 612. What is so amazing about this feat is that they all were games of 204.
Terri Ross bowled her career high game of 236 and ended up with a 604 series. Good Bowling Kids!!
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “What are you making, Mulligan … stew??” Bee Boop!!
This Week’s Momism: “Don’t you dare get out of that bed one more time!!” (Seems like I heard that one recently).
• January 16th, 1980 – Song of the Day- “Coward of the County” by Kenny Rogers
• January 16th, 1973 – Super Bowl VII Dolphins 14, Redskins 7. Super Bowl Tickets were $15.00
• January 16th, 1954: Marilyn Monroe married baseball legend Joe DiMaggio – they divorced nine months later.
Did I Read That Sign Correctly?
• In a Hotel Bathroom: Toilet out of order – use floor below.
• In a Laundromat: Automatic washing machines: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT!!
• In an Office: Would the person who took the stepladder yesterday please bring it back or further steps will be taken.
• Notice in Health Food Shop Window: Closed due to illness.
Another Golf Story
Ed decided to tie the knot with his longtime girlfriend.
One evening, after the honeymoon, he was organizing his golfing equipment. His wife was standing nearby watching him. After a long period of silence she finally speaks.
“Honey, I’ve been thinking, now that we’re married I think it’s time you quit golfing. Maybe you should sell your clubs and golf cart.”
Ed gets this horrified look on his face.
She says, “Darling, what’s wrong?”
“There for a minute you were sounding like my ex-wife.”
“Ex wife!” she screams. “I didn’t know you were married before!”
This Week’s Religious Rockpile Reader
Dave Laberee of Boyceville, Wis. Happy Birthday, friend!!