Glenwood City Library News
What is happening at the Glenwood City Public Library?
With the start of March we celebrate Read Across America. We encourage all ages to take time each day and read a book and read to your child. Why Read? Reading is awesome, Reading is healthy, and Reading makes you smarter. This is also a great time for parents/guardians to start our 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program. Reading to your child is important for their development, 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten says on their website, “Numerous studies estimate that as many as one in five children have difficulties learning to read. Reading has been associated as an early indicator of academic success. Public formal education does not typically start until ages 5-6. Before then, parents and caregivers are the first education providers during the 0-5 early critical years. The 1000 Books Before Kindergarten challenge is a simple (read a book, any book to your child, with the goal of reading 1,000 before kindergarten) and very manageable endeavor.” (https://1000booksbeforekindergarten.org/about-us/mission-statement) Please come into the library and sign up today.
Monday Craft Night – Monday’s from 4:00-6:00. Our Monday Craft Night is open to all ages. If you are unable to attend and would like to try these projects at home please call and we will be happy to give you the recipe/instructions. These are free events, pictures might be taken during the craft for our Facebook Page, and children under 8 should be accompanied by an adult.
• March 6 – Friendship Bracelets
• March 13 – Pepper Shamrocks
• March 20 – Fuse Beads
• March 27 – Bead Pet Keychains
Special Craft Day – These are crafts that will be happening on Saturdays and are geared towards Teens through seniors. Also for these crafts you will need to sign up for space is limited. Please call (715-265-7443), email (email@example.com) or Facebook message to reserve your spot. This event is Free, and pictures might be taken during the craft for our Facebook Page.
• March 25 | 11:00 – Pressed Flower Lanterns
Winter Reading Adult Program – Reading Across the United States
The Winter Reading Adult Program is going great and you still have time to participate in the program. The program will end on March 31, 2023
• Read any book where the story takes place in the United States (Fiction or Non-fiction).
• When you are done reading the book you just need to fill out the review card.
• Put a star on our United States Map
• Enter your name in our drawing for a chance to win one (1) 2023 Annual Park Pass for St. Croix County.
Peter Rabbit’s Storytime – Every Friday – 10:00-11:00
St. Croix Traveling Book Club – Glenwood City Public Library will be hosting this book club this month on March 16 starting at 6:00 for the meal and social at Wood City Tavern. The book we will be discussing is the Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. Please call or email Rochel to sign up for this event.
Sr. Book Club – Meets on the First Monday’s of the Month at 12:30 in the library.
• March 6 – Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire.
• April 3 – Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
Friends of the Library Book Club – Meets every 4th Monday of the Month at 7:00.
• When school is closed for Weather the Library will also close.
• Watch the City’s sign for our events
• Check out our Facebook Page and our Website, glenwoodcitylibrary.org for upcoming events.
• If you have a program request please give Rochel a call at 715-265-7443.