Skip to content

I-94 resurfacing project in St. Croix County starts this week

The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) has been scheduled to kick off a resurfacing project on I-94 between the Kinnickinnic River and County T in St. Croix County, starting on Monday, July 6.

The project will include repairing concrete pavement, milling off a portion of the existing pavement, overlaying I-94 with asphalt and installing rumble strips.

Monarch Paving Co. is the prime contractor for the $5.04 million project. Federal transportation funds will cover 80 percent of the project cost; the remaining 20 percent will be paid with state transportation funds.

Proposed traffic impacts

During construction, I-94 will remain open to traffic, with most of the milling and paving operations occurring at night. Motorists can expect to encounter single-lane closures and a speed limit reduced from 70 mph to 55 mph in the work zone.

Construction currently is scheduled for completion by October.

For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s northwest region: Follow on Twitter: @WisDOTnorthwest; or visit the region’s 511 website:

Leave a Comment