If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
ELK MOUND — The salutatorian of the Elk Mound High School Class of 2019 is Morgan Radtke.
Morgan is the daughter of Rod and Michelle Radtke of Eau Claire.
The Colfax Messenger sent out a questionnaire to Morgan, and here are her answers.
• Describe your most memorable event in high school. I don’t have a specific memorable event from high school, but I would say playing sports with all of my friends. Being able to have fun with my friends before games or on the way to games will always be something I will remember.
• What were your favorite high school classes? Math — I always have enjoyed math classes because solving the problems to me is almost like putting together a puzzle or figuring out a riddle.
Anatomy and Physiology — I liked this class because I was able to learn about what is happening inside the human body and even why the systems work in the body like they do. I will always remember my teacher Julia Brown because she taught me great study skills and made me excited to learn about this subject.
• In which activities were you involved during high school? Volleyball; Softball; Basketball; Future Business Leaders of America; National Honor Society; NHS; E-Club; Student Council/ Class Vice President (1 year); Student School Board Representative. My favorite activity would have to be volleyball just from the experiences I have had from playing over the last 8 or so years.
• What does it mean to you to be salutatorian? Being in the top of my class has always been a goal of mine. Accomplishing this goal is very awesome and I’m so excited to be named salutatorian.
• What are your plans for this summer? After graduating from high school this spring, I will be working for a pet product packaging company. At about mid July I will head to college to train for volleyball.
• Where do you plan to attend college or technical school? I will be attending Michigan Technological University in the fall of 2019. I have chosen to study Biomedical Engineering and play volleyball for Michigan Tech. I chose to study Biomedical Engineering because I have always liked math and I found out that I was interested in the medical field through taking the class Anatomy and Physiology.