If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
GLENWOOD CITY — Steve Davis is a candidate in the April 2 election for the Glenwood City Board of Education.
Davis, 57, and his wife, Beth, have a son, Tanner Davis, and daughters Erin Davis and Isabel Davis.
The Tribune Press Reporter sent out questionnaires to the candidates in the spring election.
Here are Davis’s answers:
• What is your occupation? I work at Westrock paper in St. Paul and have been there for about 40 years.
• What is your educational background? I am a graduate of Coon Rapids High School Class of 1979. Other than that, it’s all been about on the job training.
• What experience do you have as an elected official? The only elected office I’ve ever held was being a grievance and union steward at my place of employment.
• Why did you decide to run for the Board of Education? I believe that above all children are the most important assets and education is the most valuable thing for them.
• What makes you particularly suited to serve on the Board of Education? Communication. Getting everyone on the same page with the same understanding.
• What do you believe to be the biggest challenges facing the school district? To make our school district and school more appealing and safe for our whole community.
• What do you hope to accomplish serving on the Board of Education? You can’t make a change if you don’t get involved!
• Other comments? None.