If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
By LeAnn R. Ralph
COLFAX — The Colfax Village Board has approved contracting with Bauman Associates for the annual report on the Tax Increment Financing Districts and auditing of the village’s finances for a total amount that could come close to $29,000.
The village board approved two separate contracts — one contract for the annual report on the village’s two TIF districts and one for auditing the village’s financial statements — at the January 28 meeting.
According to the contract from Bauman, the cost for the 2018 annual report of the Village of Colfax Tax Incremental Districts No. 3 and No. 4 will range from $1,700 to $2,225.
The cost for auditing the village’s finances for 2018 will range from $25,600 to $26,750.
The total combined cost will range from $27,300 to $28,975.
The Colfax Village Board unanimously approved both contracts.
The village’s 2018 budget was $1,186,989.
The 2019 budget is $1,193,126, representing a $6,137 increase over 2018.
In other business, the Colfax Village Board:
• Approved a training request from Rand Bates, director of public works, for Advanced Safety Refresher Training on February 12. Topics include access to exposure and medical records; respiratory protection records; occupational noise exposure records; medical services and first aid; blood-borne pathogens; excavation safety; hazard communication safety; cut-off saw safety; tool safety; noise exposure; personal protective equipment training; housekeeping; operations in the public way.
• Approved a bartender operator’s license for Brett Foyt (Kyle’s Market) from January 28 to June 30, 2019.
• Approved a 2019 Pavement Surface Evaluation and Rating agreement (PASER) with Dunn County. Wisconsin state statute 86.302(2) requires local governments to submit pavement ratings which represent the physical condition of roadways under their jurisdiction. Pavement ratings are to be conducted every two years and submitted to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Dunn County will conduct the rating at a cost of $65 per mile for 9.36 miles of roadway for a total cost of $608.40.
• Approved a two-year agreement with HydroCorp from March 1, 2019, to March 1, 2021, to perform cross connection control/backflow prevention inspections, as required by the state Department of Natural Resources, for industrial, institutional, commercial and multifamily housing water users in the amount of $7,464.
• Approved a two-year agreement with HydroCorp from March 1, 2019, to March 1, 2021, to perform cross connection control/backflow prevention inspections, as required by the DNR, for residential water users in the amount of $5,544.