The 2018 Pierce County Fair is August 9th – 12th. Entry day for all non-animal exhibits is Wednesday the 8th with judging beginning on Thursday the 9th. So whether you bake, sew, build, grow or train, entering an exhibit at a county fair is an exciting process.
In 2017, over $16,000 was awarded in cash premiums to Pierce County youth and adults who entered their masterpiece for display. There are 16 different open class departments with classes ranging from Little Dairyman to Charolais bull calves, Little Shepherd to Pekin ducks, alfalfa to roses, oil painting to ceramics, nature photography to cakes, breads to quilts and don’t forget the homemade wines and homebrew beer. To enter your favorite exhibit in the Pierce County’s Open Class competition, fill out the entry blank found in the Pierce County Fair book on page 13 and submit your entry by 4:30 p.m. to the Fair Office in the Seyforth Building on the fairgrounds in Ellsworth or postmarked by the June 22th deadline.
As in previous years, St. Croix, Dunn and Pepin County residents are eligible to exhibit in the Open Class Division at the 2018 Pierce County Fair. If any resident from our neighboring counties have questions, please feel free to contact the Fair Office at 715-273-6874 or Fair Manager, Ann Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fairbooks are available at these locations:
• Ellsworth: Fair Office, BMO Harris Bank, Senior Citizen Center, Bank Mutual and Ellsworth Public Library
• Elmwood: Citizens State Bank and Elmwood Public Library
• Hager City: Hiawatha National Bank
• Maiden Rock: Hiawatha National Bank
• Plum City: Senior Citizens Center, First Bank of Baldwin and Plum City Public Library
• Prescott: Sr. Nutrition Center at Water Tower Apt., BMO Harris Bank and Prescott Library
• River Falls: Senior Citizens Center, First National Bank of River Falls, BMO Harris Bank and River Falls Public Library
• Spring Valley: Spring Valley Drug, First Bank of Baldwin, WESTconsin Credit Union and Spring Valley Public Library
• Durand: Courier Wedge
For additional Fair related information, visit the Pierce County Fair web site at www.co.pierce.wi.us/fair/fair_mail.php or contact our office at 715-273-6874. Come to the Fair with your exhibit and put yourself in the center of the attraction. “The Pierce County Fair – The All County Reunion” August 9th – 12th. Like us on Facebook at “Pierce County Fair and Fairgrounds (WI)”.