Congratulations to the Clear Lake Storage Team for clinching the Thursday Nite Ladies Championship. Their team is made up of Carrie Graves, Georgina Leverty, Orreen Notton, Rita Andersen, Jennie Keller and GeriAnne Christensen.
[emember_protected] Ari Petersen rolled her first 200 game and her first ever 500 series on the Town and Country league. Ari bowled a 204 game, along with a 526 series. Good bowling young lady!!
Mrdutt-Wink locked up the Championship on the Saturday Nite Live league. Their team consists of Jon and Barbe Mrdutt and Mark and Shari Wink. Great job, kids!!!!
• 1977 Song of the Day: “You Light Up My Life” – Debby Boone
• 1965 Song of the Day: “Wooly Bully” – Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs
• 1967 Song of the Day: “The Letter” – Box Tops
• 1968 Song of the Day: “Honey” – Bobby Goldsboro
• 1969 Song of the Day: “Sugar, Sugar” – The Archies
• 1969 Song of the Day: “Leaving on a Jet Plane” – Peter, Paul and Mary
• 1964 Song of the Day: “Ringo” – Lorne Green
• 1916 – The first hybrid seed corn was offered for sale for 15 cents a bushel.
• 1954 – Hank Aaron debuted for the Milwaukee Braves.
• 1976 – The $ 2 bill was re-introduced by the U.S. Treasury.
• 1860 – The Pony Express began delivering mail.
• 1974 – Hank Aaron hit his 715 home run to surpass Babe Ruth’s 714 total.
• 1978 – Martin Luther King was assassinated.
You Gotta Love Frank!
Mildred, the church gossip and self-appointed monitor of the church’s morals, kept sticking her nose into other people’s business. Several members did not approve of her activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence and distance.
She made a mistake, however, when she accused Frank, a new member, of being an alcoholic after she saw his old pickup parked in front of the town’s only bar one afternoon. She emphatically told Frank, (and several others), that everyone seeing it there would know what he was doing!
Frank, a man of few words, stared at her for a moment and just turned and walked away. He didn’t explain, defend, or deny. He simply said nothing.
Later that evening, Frank quietly parked his pickup in front of Mildred’s house, walked home…and left it there all night.
You gotta love Frank!
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Sylvia Parent of Emerald, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net [/emember_protected]