Several leagues finished either the 4th quarter or 2nd half competition this week.
On the Wednesday Afternoon League, the Hair Depot won the second half and will go head-to-head with my Leaker’s team for the championship this coming Wednesday afternoon.
On the Wednesday Nite Ladies League, Family ChiroCare clinched the second half and will be rolling off against the M&M gals on Wednesday night.
Meanwhile on the Saturday Nite Live Mixed Doubles league, the “Standaerts” team took second half honors and will face the Wink-Mrdutt team for the championship.
On the Thursday Senior League, there are only four points separating the top three teams. With only one more week to go, it should be an exciting last day of bowling on the Senior circuit!!! Global Genetics, Leaker’s Place and Thrivent are the top three team!! I’ll update some of the results next week.
Cory Leavitt put up another 700 last week with a 714, and finally Jolene Hurtgen rolled her first ever “600” series with a 601. Great job, keglers!!
• 1961 Song of the Day: “Don’t Worry” – Marty Robbins
• 1971 Song of the Day: “After the Fire is Gone” – Conway and Loretta
• 1962 Song of the Day: “She’s Got You” – Patsy Cline
• 1975 Song of the Day: “The Bargain Store” – Dolly Parton
• 1987 Song of the Day: “Small Town Girl” – Steve Wariner
• 1867 – Alaska was purchased from Russia for two cents an acre.
• 1964 – Jeopardy! aired on NBC-TV for the first time.
• 1981 – President Ronald Reagan was shot in the chest as he walked to his limousine in Washington, D.C.
• 1993 – In “Peanuts”, Charlie Brown hit his first homerun!
• 1896 – The zipper was patented.
• 1970 – The Seattle Pilots became the Milwaukee Brewers.
• 1986 – Alan Jackson debuted on Ralph Emery’s Nashville Now.
Facts About the Human Body
• Everyone has a unique smell – except for identical twins, who smell the same.
• Your body has enough iron to make a 3-inch nail
• Your teeth start growing 6 months before you are born. This is why one out of 2,000 newborns has a tooth when they are born.
• Facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the body. This is true for women as well as men.
• By the age of 60, most people will have lost about half of their tastebuds.
• Sneezes regularly exceed 100 mph, while coughs clock in at about 60 mph.
Ole’s Son’s Bike
Ole came home from a long business trip to find that his son had a new 21″ mountain bike.
“Vere did you get da money for da bike??” he asked. “Dat musta cos $500.”
“It was easy, Dad,” little Lars replied, “I earned it hiking.”
“Come on, Lars,” Ole said, “tell me da truth.”
“Dat is da truth, Dad!” Lars replied. “Every night you ver gone, Sven would come over to see Mom, and he’d give me a $10.00 bill and tell me to take a hike!!”
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Matt and Linda Main of Glenwood City.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net