Audrey Maes had the high game last week of all of the ladies as Maes put up a nice 245 game on the Wednesday Afternoon league. Audrey bowls on my Leaker’s gals team.
Gary Standaert was “oh so close” to that “700” mark last week but came up a tad short as Gary chalked up a 696 series on the Hometown League (maybe this week, Gary!)
• 1973 Song of the Day: “Rated X” – Loretta Lynn
• 1976 Song of the Day: “Good Hearted Woman” – Waylon & Willie
• 1957 Song of the Day: “Young Love” – Sonny James
• 1991 Song of the Day: “Walk on Faith” – Mike Reid
• 1950 – Silly Putty was invented.
• 1946 – Ho Chi Minh was elected president of Vietnam.
• 1983 – Sony introduced the CD (Compact Disc).
• 1905 – President Theodore Roosevelt became the only president not to use the word “I” in his inaugural address.
• 1912 – The Oreo cookie was “born” in New York.
• 1963 – A plane carrying Patsy Cline, Cowboy Copas, and pilot Randy Hughes crashed in Camden, Tennessee.
• 1862 – The air brake was patented by a railroad.
The Old Farmer Man
The old farmer man had a large pond in the back, fixed up nicely with picnic tables, a barbecue pit, horseshoe courts, and some apple and peach trees. The pond was properly shaped and fixed up for swimming when it was built.
One evening, the old guy decided to go down to the pond and look it over. He hadn’t been there for a while. He grabbed a five gallon bucket to bring back some fruit.
As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. As he came closer, he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny dipping in his pond. As he approached, he made the women aware of his presence.
At once, they all went to the deep end.
One of the women shouted to him, “We’re not coming out until you leave.”
The old man frowned, “I did not come down here to watch you young ladies swim naked, or to make you get out of the pond naked.”
Holding the bucket up in the air, he said, “I’m here to feed the alligator.”
Some old boys can still think fast!
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Brian and Tammy Ormson of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net