Tony Obermueller came up just a tad short of a “700” series last week on the Hometown League. Tony put together a nice 689 series, the highest he has bowled on a league. Great job, Tony!!
B.O.O.B. took honors for the first half on the Sat. Nite Mixed League over the weekend and finally my Leaker’s gals edged out the Hair Depot for the 1st half on the Wednesday Afternoon League. Congrats!!!
We’ll be starting our 9-Pin Tap Tournament in a couple weeks, so if you didn’t get a squad put together yet, call or stop in to reserve your spot.
• 1948 Song of the Day: “I’ll Hold You In My Heart” – Eddy Arnold
• 1964 Song of the Day: “Love’s Gonna Live Here” – Buck Owens
• 1957 Song of the Day: “Singing the Blues” – Marty Robbins
• 1980 Song of the Day: “Coward of the County” – Kenny Rogers
• 1992 Song of the Day: “Love Me” – Collin Raye
• 1896 – H. L. Smith took the first x-ray photograph.
• 1904 – Barney Old Field set a new speed record in a Ford automobile. He reached a speed of 91.37 mph.
• 1969 – QB Joe Namath lead the NY Jets to a stunning 16-7 victory over the heavily favored Baltimore Colts.
• 1975 – Super Bowl IV (9): Steelers 16, Vikings 6.
• 1863 – Thomas Crapper pioneered the one-piece flushing toilet.
• 1981 – Donna Griffiths of Great Britain started sneezing and didn’t stop for 978 days!!
• 1995 – The O.J. Simpson murder trial began in L.A.
Advice for Retired People
Questions and Answers from AARP Forum
• Where can men over the age of 60 find younger, sexy women who are interested in them? Try a bookstore, under fiction.
• What can a man do while his wife is going through menopause? Keep busy. If you’re handy with tools, you can finish the basement. When you’re done you’ll have a place to live.
• How can you increase the heart rate of your 60-plus year old husband? Tell him you’re pregnant.
• How can you avoid that terrible curse of the elderly wrinkles? Take off your glasses.
• Seriously! What can I do for these Crow’s feet and all those wrinkles on my face? Go braless. It will usually pull them out.
• Why should 60-plus year old people use valet parking? Valets don’t forget where they park your car.
• Is it common for 60-plus year olds to have problems with short term memory storage? Storing memory is not a problem, retrieving it is the problem.
• As people age, do they sleep more soundly? Yes, but usually in the afternoon.
• Where should 60-plus year olds look for eye glasses? On their foreheads.
• What is the most common remark made by 60-plus year olds when they enter antique stores? “Gosh, I remember these!”
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Joe and Gloria Walz of Shell Lake, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
Send to: Leaker’s Place
P.O. Box 213 • Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net