Nick Veenendaal put the new high series for the men last Monday Nite rolled a very nice 770 series. A couple of breaks and he could have reached that elusive “800” series. Great bowling Nick!! Doug and Gary Standaert also bowled a couple of good series with scores of 678 and 673 respectively.
[emember_protected] On the women’s side of things, Lori Klinger bowled a dandy 236 game, while Tracy Lawson threw a 209 and finally Cindy Rassbach rolled a 202 game. Good job, ladies!!
1. 125,000 golf balls a year are hit into the water at the famous 17th hole of the Stadium Course at Sawgrass.
2. The longest drive ever is 515 yards. The longest putt ever is a monstrous 375 feet.
3. Phil Mickelson, who plays left-handed, is actually righthanded. He learned to play golf by mirroring his father’s golf swing, and he has used left handed golf clubs ever since.
4. The chances of making two holes-in-one in a round of golf are one in 67 million.
5. Tiger Woods snagged his first ace at the tender age of eight years old.
6. Balls travel significantly further on hot days. A golfer swinging a club at around 100 mph will carry the drive up to eight yards longer for each increase in air temperature of 2 degrees.
7. The longest golf course in the world is the par 77 International Golf Club in Massachusetts which measures a fearsome 8325 yards.
8. The highest golf course in the world is the Tactu Golf Club in Morococha, Peru, which sits 14,335 feet above sea level at its lowest point.
9. The longest golf hole in the world is the 7th hole (par 7) of the Sano Course at the Satsuki Golf Club in Japan. It measures an incredible 909 yards.
10. The largest bunker in the world is Hell’s Half Acre on the 585-yard 7th hole of the Pine Valley Course in New Jersey.
Moving to Nevada
A man walks into his bedroom and sees his wife packing a suitcase. He asks, “What are you doing?”
She answers, “I’m moving to Nevada. I heard that prostitutes there get paid $400 a night for what I’m doing for YOU for FREE!”
Later that night, on her way out, the wife walks into the bedroom and sees her husband packing his suitcase. When she asks him where he’s going, he replies, “I’m coming, too. I want to see how you live on $800 a year.”
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Wally and Irma Lindholm of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net [/emember_protected]