Brent Standaert joined the “700” last week as Standaert rolled a 702 series on the Hometown League. This is the eighth 700 bowled so far this year!! Good job Brent!!
[emember_protected] We’ll be taking off next week as it’s time to go “buck” hunting. Good luck hunters and don’t forget to get on our “Buck Board” here at the Ol’ Rockpile.
We finished off our 6 week long Junior League this past Sunday. We had over 30 kids participate. A special thank you to John and Jessica Hager, Kathy Alleman and Barb Mrdutt for helping out with the Junior League. It was a huge success.
• 1956 Song of the Day: “Singing The Blues” – Marty Robbins
• 1962 Song of the Day: “I’ve Been Everywhere” – Hank Snow
• 1981 Song of the Day: “Fancy Free” – The Oak Ridge Boys
• 1987 Song of the Day: “Am I Blue” – George Strait
• 1775 – The United States Marine Corps was authorized.
• 1908 – The first Bible was placed in a hotel.
• 1951 – The first direct dial, coast-to-coast telephone service began.
• 1969 – Sesame Street premiered on PBS.
• 1996 – Dan Marino became the first NFL quarterback to throw for 50,000 yard in his career.
• 1983 – The Cabbage Patch doll phenomenon started.
• 1990 – The IRS took everything Willie Nelson owned to pay a multi-million dollar tax bill.
Ole and Lena were on their first date. Lena was trying to make conversation and said, “So I hear you hunt deer.” Ole looked away and turned red. “What’s wrong?” asked Lena. “I’m not used to someone calling me ‘dear’ on the first date,” Ole replied.
Q: Two fathers and two sons went duck hunting. Each shot a duck, but they shot only three ducks in all. How come??
A: The hunters were a man, his son and his grandson.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net [/emember_protected]