What a great weekend for the All School Reunion!! The weather was perfect as many GC Alumni came back to their hometown. The town was full and there was a ton of activities to take in. It was nice to see so many people come back to “Hilltopper Land”.
[emember_protected] Rustic Lore was a huge success thanks to many hours of work put in by a lot of people.
Barb and Jim Eliason of Emerald were the lucky winners of the toy RZR that was raffled off. Congrats!!
Congratulations to Ricky and Chad Klatt for winning our Annual Rustic Lore Bean Bag Tournament!!
A couple of bowling leagues started last week but now that Labor Day has come and gone, all of the leagues will get underway this week.
• 1950 Song of the Day: “Good Nite Irene” – Red Foley – Ernest Tubb
• 1966 Song of the Day: “Almost Persuaded” – David Houston
• 1968 Song of the Day: “Mamma Tried” – Merle Haggard
• 1976 Song of the Day: “Stand By My Woman Man” – Ronnie Milsap
• 1898 – Tom Fleming of Eau Claire, Wis. won the first log-rolling championship in Omaha.
• 1904 – Mounted police were first used in New York. They used horses and bicycles.
• 1956 – Fifty four million viewers (82.6 of the U.S. television audience) turned on their TVs to see 21-year-old Elvis Presley on the Ed Sullivan show.
• 1982 – Grace Kelly died from injuries when her car plummeted off a mountain in Monaco.
• 1953 – The Swanson Company sold its first “TV dinner”.
• 1955 – Actor James Arness brought Marshal Matt Dillon to life on “Gunsmoke”.
Murphy’s 15 Other Laws
1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
2. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
3. He who laughs last, has found another meaning.
4. A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
5. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
6. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don’t.
7. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
8. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there’s a 90% probability you’ll get it wrong.
9. It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone from California would be stupid enough to try to pass them.
10. If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.
11. The things that come to those who wait may be the things left by those who got there first.
12. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
13. Flashlight: A case for holding dead batteries.
14. God gave you toes as a device for finding furniture in the dark.
15. When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.
“In times like these, it helps to recall that there have always been times like these.” — Paul Harvey
Rockpile Readers of the Week: Becky Sempf of Boyceville, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net [/emember_protected]