We are getting to the end of the third quarter on several leagues. Time is really slipping away. We’ll have some updates next week.
Bob Obermueller converted the very tough 4-6-7 last week on the Town and Country league, while Viv Lindstrom picked up the 3-7-10 split on the Thursday Nite Ladies league. Viv also bowled a nice 212 game!!
After changing oil a couple of months ago, the averages are starting to climb.
John Hager thew a dandy 690 series last week just 10 pins short of that elusive “700”. Good bowling, John!!
Jeff Kuehl bowled his 1st 600 series last week, putting up a 607 series along with a 247 game.
Cindy Drury also rolled a 603 last week!!
• 1974 Song of the Day: “The Streak” – Ray Stevens
• 1974 Song of the Day: “Your Sixteen” – Ringo Starr
• 1977 Song of the Day: “Dancing Queen” – ABBA
• 1977 Song of the Day: “Lucille” – Kenny Rogers
• 1981 Song of the Day: “Lady” – Kenny Rogers
• 1981 Song of the Day: “Elvira” – Oak Ridge Boys
• 1751 – America’s First Hospital opened in Philadelphia.
• 1942 – “Archie” comic strips first appeared on newsstands.
• 1965 – Sixteen-year-old Peggy Fleming won the ladies figure skating title at Lake Placid, N.Y.
• 1985 – Kent Hrbek became the first Minnesota Twin to sign a 1 million dollar contract.
• 1885 – Bess Truman
• 1919 – Tennessee Ernie Ford
• 1923 – Pilot Chuck Yeager
One Way To Buy A Car
A retired older couple return to a Mercedes dealership where the salesman has just sold the car they were interested in to a beautiful, leggy, busty blonde in a mini skirt and a halter top.
The old man was visibly upset. He spoke to the salesman sharply. “Young man, I thought you said you would hold that car till we raised the $55,000 asking price,” said the older man. “Yet I just heard you closed the deal for $45,000 to the lovely young lady there. And if I remember right, you had insisted there was no way you could discount this model.”
The salesman took a deep breath, cleared his throat and reached for a large glass of water. “Well, what can I tell you? She had the cash ready, didn’t need any financing help, and, sir, just look at her, how could I resist?” replied the grinning salesman sheepishly.
Just then the young woman approached the senior couple and gave the car keys to the old man. “There you go,” she said. “I told you I could get that idiot to lower the price. See you later, Dad…Happy Father’s Day!”
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “What’s in the crock…pot???” Bee Boop!!
The week’s Rockpile Readers of the Week: Wado and Kathy Standaert of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net