A few of the Thursday Nite Ladies bowled well last week. Angela McGee and Viv Lindstrom both rolled games of 212 while Linda DeGross bowled a 203.
On the Wednesday Nite Ladies circuit, Cindy Rassbach put up a 214 game along with a 509 series.
We had 40 bowlers come in over the weekend to bowl in our 9-pin tournament. A score of 899 is currently leading the Singles competition.
Congratulations to Jordon Wink, who had his first 600 series of his career. He bowled a 604. Nice job!!
Brian Casey had another good week on the alleys as Casey had a 279 game along with an 699 series.
The ServPro Mens Team averaged 200 per man last week as they bowled an even 3000 scratch series, now that’s great bowling!!! The fellas bowl on the Hometown League.
• 1970 Song of the Day: “Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head” – B. J. Thomas
• 1970 Song of the Day: “Let It Be” – The Beatles
• 1970 Song of the Day: “Close To You” – The Carpenters
• 1971 Song of the Day: “I Just Called to Say I Love You” – Stevie Wonder
• 1971 Song of the Day: “You’re Still The One” – Shania Twain
• 1978 Song of the Day: “It’s A Heartache” – Bonnie Tyler
• 1952 – Queen Elizabeth became the Queen of Great Britain.
• 1936 – Adolf Hitler opens the Fourth Winter Olympics in Germany.
• 1963 – The United States reports that all Soviet offensive arms are out of Cuba.
• Feb. 6, 1756 – Aaron Burr, 3rd U.S. Vice President.
• Feb. 6, 1895 – George Herman “Babe” Ruth.
• Feb. 6, 1911 – Ronald Reagan.
• Feb. 7, 1804 – John Deere, farm equipment manufacturer.
• Feb. 7, 1812 – Charles Dickens – writer.
Dr. Geezer & Dr. Young
An old geezer became very bored in retirement and decided to open a medical clinic. He put a sign up outside that said: “Dr. Geezer’s Clinic. Get your treatment for $500. If not cured, get back $1,000.”
Doctor “Young,” who was positive that this old geezer didn’t know beans about medicine, thought this would be a great opportunity to get $1,000. So he went to Dr. Geezer’s clinic.
Dr. Young: “Dr. Geezer, I have lost all taste in my mouth. Can you please help me?”
Dr. Geezer: “Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in Dr. Young’s mouth.”
Dr. Young: “Aaagh!! This is gasoline!”
Dr. Geezer: “Congratulations! You’ve got your taste back. That will be $500.”
Dr. Young gets annoyed and goes back after a couple of days figuring to recover his money.
Dr. Young: “I have lost my memory, I cannot remember anything.”
Dr. Geezer: “Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in the patient’s mouth.”
Dr. Young: “Oh, no you don’t…that is gasoline!”
Dr. Geezer: “Congratulations! You’ve got your memory back. That will be $500.”
Dr. Young (after having lost $1000) leaves angrily and comes back after several more days.
Dr. Young: “My eyesight has become weak…I can hardly see anything!!!!
Dr. Geezer: “Well, I don’t have any medicine for that so here’s your $1000 back.” (giving him a $10 bill)
Dr. Young: “But this is only $10!”
Dr. Geezer: “Congratulations! You got your vision back! That will be $500.”
Moral of story: Just because you’re “Young” doesn’t mean that you can outsmart an “old Geezer”!
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “What are you making, Mulligan…stew???” Bee Boop!!
The week’s Rockpile Readers of the Week: Loran E. Standaert of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net