We had a couple more “700” series bowled last week. Brian Casey put up a nice 724 series on the Town and Country league, while Brent Standaert rolled a 714 series on the Hometown League. Casey sports a 198 average, while Standaert carries a 211 average.
Dave Brandt was knocking on a “700” on the Saturday Nite Mixed Couples league but came up just a bit short. Dave bowled a 696 series.
Well, Green Bay ran out of steam Sunday and took an old-fashioned whoop’n!! They had a great run!!! I think Atlanta will beat New England in The Big Bowl Game!!
• 1967 Song of the Day: “To Sir with Love” – Lulu
• 1967 Song of the Day: “Light My Fire” – The Doors
• 1967 Song of the Day: “Penny Lane” – The Beatles
• 1972 Song of the Day: “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” – Robert John
• 1972 Song of the Day: “Garden Party” – Ricky Nelson
• 1953 – The NFL’s Dallas Texans became the Baltimore Colts
• 1959 – Buddy Holly started his ill-fated Winter Dance Tour.
• 1964 – Milwaukee Braves pitcher Warren Spahn signed an $85,000 contract, making him the highest paid pitcher at that time.
• 1976 – Donny and Marie debuted on TV.
• 1984 – Hulk Hogan beat the Iron Sheik in the WWF escaping the “Camel Clutch” hold.
• 1855 – John Moses Browning (best known for his Browning Automatic Rifle)
• 1898 – Randolf Scott – actor
• 1940 – John Russell – singer-songwriter
• 1951 – Chesly “Sully” Sullenburger – U.S. Airways hero pilot. Sully is credited with saving all the lives of 115 people when his plane hit a flock of birds. He landed his damaged plane in the Hudson River on January 15, 2009.
The Wife’s Temper
A man goes to the doctor, worried about his wife’s temper.
The doctor asks, “What’s the problem?”
The man says, “Doctor, I don’t know what to do. Every day my wife seems to lose her temper for no reason. It scares me.”
The doctor says, “I have a cure for that. When it seems that your wife is getting angry, just take a glass of water and start swishing it in your mouth. Just swish and swish but don’t swallow it until she either leaves the room or calms down.”
Two weeks later, the man comes back to the doctor looking fresh and reborn.
The man says, “Doctor, that was a brilliant idea! Every time my wife started losing it, I swished with water. I swished and swished, and she calmed right down! How does a glass of water do that?”
The doctor says, “The water itself does nothing. It’s keeping your mouth shut that does the trick.”
Hah! This doctor knows what he’s talking about!
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “What kind of car are you driving, Abe…Lincoln???” Bee Boop!!
The week’s Rockpile Readers of the Week: Vern and Jolene Laberee of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
Send to: Leaker’s Place
P.O. Box 213; Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net