Congratulations to the Mixed Doubles Team of Wink-Mrdutt, on the Saturday Nite Live League. Wink-Mrdutt won the first half honors.
Great job to Jessica Hager who rolled her first 600 series of her career. Jessica put together a 605 series on the Wednesday Nite Ladies League.
Lori Klinger bowled a nice 218 game on the Wednesday Nite League also!!
Brian Casey had a great week at the Ol’ Rockpile also. Casey got his first 700 series on the year putting up a dandy 724 series on the Town and Country league. His top game was a 279.
Dave Brandt came close to that magic “700” mark last week also with a 690 series.
Doug Johnson converted the very difficult 6-7-10 split on the Sunday Nite League.
What a game this past Sunday!!! Green Bay 34 – Dallas 31!! On to Atlanta – Go Pack!!!!!
• 1957 Song of the Day: “Singing The Blue” – Marty Robbins
• 1961 Song of the Day: “North to Alaska” – Johnny Horton
• 1979 Song of the Day: “Lady Lay Down” – John Conlee
• 1981 Song of the Day: “I Think I’ll Just Stay Here and Drink” – Merle Haggard
• 1957 – Wham-O began manufacturing the Frisbee.
• 1968 – Johnny Cash performed at Folsom Prison with June Carter and the Statler Brothers.
• 1974 – SuperBowl VIII: The Dolphins defeated the Vikings 24-9.
• 1981 – Donna Griffiths, of Great Britain, started sneezing and didn’t stop for 978 days.
• 2002 – President George W. Bush fainted after choking on a pretzel while watching a football game on T.V. at the White House.
• 1967 – The First Super Bowl was played. The Green Bay Packers defeated Kansas City, 35-10.
• 1974 – The first episode of Happy Days aired. The show lasted for 10 seasons.
Hot And Cold
After his exam the doctor asked the elderly man, “You appear to be in good health. Do you have any medical concerns you would like to ask me about?”
“In fact, I do,” said the old man. “After I make love with my wife, I am usually cold and chilly, and then, after I make love with her the second time, I am usually hot and sweaty.”
Later, after examining the man’s elderly wife, the doctor said, “Everything appears to be fine. Do you have any medical concerns that you would like to discuss with me?”
She replied she had no questions or concerns.
The doctor then said to her, “Your husband had an unusual concern. He claims that he is usually cold and chilly after making love with you the first time, and then hot and sweaty after the second time. Do you know why?”
“Oh, that crazy old fool,” she replied. “That’s because the first time is usually in January and the second time is in August.”
Teacher: George Washington not only chopped down his father’s cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louis, do you know why his father didn’t punish him?
Louis: Because George still had the ax in his hand…
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “How did you do when you fell in the oil…well??” Bee Boop!!
The week’s Rockpile Reader of the Week: Dorothy Mitch of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net