Leaker’s II wrapped up 2nd quarter honors on the Hometown league last week while the Anderson Funeral Home won 2nd quarter bragging rights on the Town and Country League.
Gary Standaert put up pretty good scores last week as Gary bowled a 246 game and a 688 series. Brent Standaert and Ben Krosnoski each rolled a nice 662 series. Dave Brandt posted a game high 269 game.
On the Thursday Nite Ladies league, Carrie Graves got hot and bowled a very nice 259 game. Todd Petersen bowled his first ever “600” series on the Town and Country league with a 601 series. Cindy Rassbach put together a dandy 614 series on the Wednesday Ladies League Good bowling, guys!!
Our 9-pin Tap Tournament will be cranking up in February so check out the openings to get your favorite dates and times!!
• 1965 Song of the Day: “Once A Day” – Connie Smith
• 1974 Song of the Day: “If We Make It Through December” – Merle Haggard
• 1992 Song of the Day: “Love, Me” – Collin Raye
• 1981 Song of the Day: “One in a Million” – Johnny Lee
• 1936 – Porky Pig made his world debut in a Warner Bros. cartoon.
• 1952 – Peanuts, created by Charles Schulz, became a regular in Sunday comics.
• 1963 – Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins debuted on NBC.
• 1994 – Figure skater Nancy Kerrigan was clubbed on the right leg in an assault planned by ex-husband of her rival, Tonya Harding.
• 1943 – Angela Clara Standaert was born at her rural Glenwood City farmhouse. Dr. McCusker drove the six-mile trip to deliver the baby. Proud parents were Lawrence and Margorie Standaert. (Dr. McCusker charged $25.00 for the delivery).
The Wife and Me
• My wife told me I was crazy to build a car out of spaghetti. She said it would never work. You should have seen the look on her face when I drove pasta!!
• My wife asked me to pass her the lip balm. I gave her a tube of super glue by mistake. She’s still not speaking to me.
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “What are you cooking, Angel…food??” Bee Boop!!
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net