Well, I hope everyone had a great Christmas!! What a great present for us Packer fans as the Green and Gold “socked it” to the Purple People Eaters!! Rogers and Nelson, what a great duo!!
We’re about half way through our Holiday Tournament and we have the Men’s Obermueller Trucking Team out in front by a few pins. My Leaker’s I team is only trailing the OB team by 12 pins. So far fifteen teams have bowled and we have about that many more bowling in it this week.
Logan Hoitomt bowled here Christmas Eve and showed everyone else up with a dandy 223 game. Logan is a sophomore at GCHS. (Maybe Brad and Deb should watch and see how she does it!!)
• 1960 Song of the Day: “Wings of a Dove” – Ferlin Husky
• 1968 Song of the Day: “Wichita Lineman” – Glen Campbell
• 1976 Song of the Day: “Thinkin’ of a Rendezvous” – Johnny Duncan
• 1984 Song of the Day: “Why Not Me” – The Judds
• 1912 – Keystone Pictures released its first Keystone Kops movie.
• 1942 – Bob Hope agreed to entertain the troops in Alaska, the first of his traditional Christmas shows. His shows continued for over three decades.
• 1972 – The world record for consecutive sit-ups was set by Richard Knecht. He did 25,222. It took him eleven hours and 14 minutes.
• 2010 – The Census Bureau reported the population of the U.S. to be 308.7 million people.
Will was returning home from an exhausting business trip and he was not in a good mood.
The airport’s Christmas music was getting him down, and the decorations were quite tacky.
In line at the check-in desk he noticed the cheap plastic mistletoe hung over the luggage scale.
Sarcastically he said to the woman at the counter, “You know, even if I weren’t married, I wouldn’t kiss you under such phony mistletoe.”
“That’s not what it’s there for,” said the attendant. “It’s so you can kiss your luggage goodbye.”
Ole — who had spent his life on a small farm in Wisconsin — was checking into a swanky, big city hotel. He said to the bellboy, “I ain’t gonna take no tiny little room like dis vit no vindows or bed. You can’t treat me like a fool just cuz I don’t travel much!”
“Mister,” replied the bellboy, “This isn’t your room…it’s the elevator.”
Birdie with a yellow bill, hopped upon my window sill, cocked a shining eye and says: “I hear you married a horse….doctor!!!” Bee Boop!!
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Galen and Kathy Johnson of Minong, Wisconsin.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net