Rockpile – 8-31-2016
Just a reminder for our Wednesday Afternoon league: Meeting at Leaker’s this Wednesday, August 31st starting at 1:00 p.m.
We also have openings on a couple of leagues. Our Men’s Hometown and also the Town and Country league is looking for a few bowlers. If interested, please call or stop in and see what leagues can use a bowler or two.
Fun Nite for the Hometown and Hometown league will be the day after Labor Day, Sept. 6th starting at 6:30 p.m.
• 1958 Song of the Day: “Blue, Blue Day” – Don Gibson
• 1963 Song of the Day: “Ring of Fire” – Johnny Cash
• 1976 Song of the Day: “Stand by Your Woman Man'” – Ronnie Milsap
• 1979 Song of the Day: “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” – Charlie Daniels Band
• 1983 Song of the Day: “Love Song” – Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton
• 1873 – The first public school kindergarten was authorized by the school board of St. Louis, MO.
• 1939 – The first televised Major League Baseball game was broadcast. It was the Cincinnati Reds vs. the Brooklyn Dodgers.
• 1957 – The Ford Motor Co. rolled out the first Edsel automobile. 110,847 of the cars were built before Ford pulled the plug due to lack of sales.
• 1978 – Pope John Paul I was elected. He died 34 days later.
• 1996 – Phillips unveiled a new television, the flat TV, which could be hung on the wall as if it was a painting.
The Donald and Hillary
Donald and Hillary go into a bakery on the campaign trail.
As soon as they enter the bakery, Hillary steals three pastries and puts them in her pocket.
She says to Donald, “See how clever I am? The owner didn’t see anything and I don’t even need to lie. I will definitely win the election.”
The Donald says to Hillary, “That’s the typical dishonesty you have displayed throughout your entire life, trickery and deceit. I am going to show you an honest way to get the same result.”
Donald goes to the owner of the bakery and says, “Give me a pastry and I will show you a magic trick.”
Intrigued, the owner accepts and gives him a pastry.
Trump swallows it and asks for another one.
The owner gives him another one.
Then Donald asks for a third pastry and eats that, too.
The owner is starting to wonder where the magic trick is and asks, “What did you do with the pastries?”
Trump replies, “Look in Hillary’s pocket…”
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Dick Delaney of Woodbury, Minnesota
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net