St. Croix County USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) Executive Director Robert Forrest announced that producers who file accurate and timely reports for all crops and land uses, including failed acreage can prevent the potential loss of FSA program benefits. Please pay close attention to the acreage reporting dates below for 2016.
“In order to comply with FSA program eligibility requirements, all producers are encouraged to visit the St. Croix County FSA office to file an accurate crop certification report by the applicable deadline,” said Forrest.
The following acreage reporting dates are applicable for St. Croix County:
• July 15, 2016: All Spring-Seeded Crops, Forage Seeding, Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) acres
• August 15, 2016: Cabbage
• September 30, 2016: All Value-Loss Crops (except nursery)
• November 15, 2016: Perennial Forage, Fall Mint, Fall-Seeded Small Grains, Pasture, Rangeland, and Forest
• January 17, 2017: Perennial fruits including but not limited to: apples, pears, blueberries, cherries and grapes
The following exceptions apply to the above acreage reporting dates:
• If the crop has not been planted by the above acreage reporting date, then the acreage must be reported no later than 15 calendar days after planting is completed.
• If a producer acquires additional acreage after the above acreage reporting date, then the acreage must be reported no later than 30 calendars days after purchase or acquiring the lease. Appropriate documentation must be provided to the county office.
• If a perennial forage crop is reported with the intended use of “cover only,” “green manure,” “left standing,” or “seed” then the acreage must be reported by July 15th.
According to Forrest, Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) policy holders should note that the acreage reporting date for NAP covered crops is the earlier of the dates listed above or 15 calendar days before grazing or harvesting of the crop begins.
For questions regarding crop certification and crop loss reports, please contact the St. Croix County FSA office at (715) 684-2874, Ext. 2.