Rockpile – 6-22-2016
We’re pretty much done with our alley renovations. We also installed a “new” bar top on the bowling alley side. We had a few extra lane panels left over and thanks to John Hager, he put a nice touch to the old bar. Great job, John!!
After the “Fourth” we have a few free nights for bowlers to come in and give the new lanes a tryout and see what they think. We’ll try a few different oil patterns. I will list the nights and dates of bowling in the “Rockpile”.
The summer is slipping by fast and before long it’ll be fair time, and, well, I hate to even think fall is right around the corner.
We had a great weekend for the Rodeo over the Father’s Day celebration. I heard numbers of over 1200+ attending the two-day event. Nice to see a rodeo without rain for once!!
• 1961 Song of the Day: “Hello Walls” – Faron Young
• 1970 Song of the Day: “Hello Darlin’ ” – Conway Twitty
• 1971 Song of the Day: “When You’re Hot, You’re Hot” – Jerry Reed
• 1979 Song of the Day: “She Believes In Me” – Kenny Rogers
• 1987 Song of the Day: “Forever and Ever, Amen” – Randy Travis
• June 20 – “Jaws” Day – marking the release of the infamous “Jaws” movie.
• June 20 – “National Ice Cream Soda Day”.
• 1839 – Lizza Borden was found innocent of the 1892 axe murders of her father and stepmother in New Bedford, Massachusetts.
• 1947 – Gangster “Bugsy” Siegel was shot to death at his girlfriend’s mansion in Beverly Hills, California.
• 1967 – Boxer Muhammad Ali was arrested for refusing to be drafted.
• 1972 – The Old Tallahatchie Bridge, made famous by Bobby Gentrys 1967 blockbuster “Ode to Billy Joe” collapsed in Mississippi.
• 2006 – CBS announced that Dan Rather was leaving the network after 44 years.
Quote of the Week:
• “A woman’s mind is cleaner than man’s: She changes it more often.” — Oliver Herford
A doctor and a lawyer are talking at a party. Their conversation is constantly interrupted by people describing their ailments and asking the doctor for free medical advice.
After an hour of this, the exasperated doctor asks the lawyer: “What do you do to stop people from asking for legal advice when you are out of the office?”
“I give them the advice,” replies the lawyer, “Then I send them a bill.”
The doctor is shocked, but agrees to give it a try.
The next day, still feeling slightly guilty, the doctor prepares bills to send to the freeloaders.
When he goes to put them in the mailbox, he finds a bill from the lawyer.
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
James H. Krave, of Menomonie, Wisconsin – attorney at law
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net