MADISON – The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) approved two State Trust Fund Loans totaling $804,339 to the village of Woodville to finance 2016 capital projects and refinance existing debt.
The Village of Woodville received a pair of loans totaling $804,239 for refinancing and a loan to finance capital projects the Village of Baldwin received a $414,000 loan to finance TID #7 projects.
The Board approved loans totaling slightly more than $7.4 million. They include:
• Town of Amnicon, Douglas County / Refinance John Deere grader loan / $220,000
• Town of Amnicon, Douglas County / Purchase pickup truck / $25,000
• Town of Amnicon, Douglas County / Refinance BCPL loan #2013119 / $378,055.30
• Village of Baldwin, St. Croix County / Finance TID #7 projects / $414,000
• Town of Black Creek, Outagamie County / Purchase fire truck / $285,536
• School District of Brown Deer, Milwaukee County / Renovate elementary school / $300,000
• School District of Brown Deer, Milwaukee County / Refinance BCPL loan #2010200 / $333,363
• School District of Brown Deer, Milwaukee County / Refinance BCPL loan #2014100 / $607,631.34
• Town of Concord, Jefferson County / Purchase snow plow truck / $220,000
• City of Gillett, Oconto County / Purchase machinery and equipment / $26,000
• School District of Herman-Neosho-Rubicon, Dodge and Washington Counties / Refinance Rubicon BCPL loan #2005175 / $97,922.40
• School District of Herman-Neosho-Rubicon, Dodge and Washington Counties / Refinance WRS prior service pension liability / $410,000
• School District of Independence, Buffalo and Trempealeau Counties / Finance energy efficiency building upgrades / $870,000
• Town of Janesville, Rock County / Finance fire protection payment / $300,000
• School District of Maple, Bayfield and Douglas Counties / Purchase math and language arts curriculum / $288,100
• City of Mosinee, Marathon County / Finance water main replacements / $500,000
• Town of Pensaukee, Oconto County / Refinance fire engine loan / $155,000
• Village of Poplar, Douglas County / Finance fire department water source well / $86,354
• Village of Stoddard, Vernon County / Finance Stoddard Park restroom addition and renovation / $128,500
• School District of Whitnall, Milwaukee County / Install fiber optic network / $440,000
• Village of Woodville, St. Croix County / Finance 2016 capital projects / $580,000
• Village of Woodville, St. Croix County / Refinance BCPL loan #2016046 / $224,239
• Village of Wrightstown, Brown and Outagamie Counties / Purchase land for industrial development / $565,000
The BCPL operates entirely on program revenue, without taxpayer money and distributes more than 96 cents of every dollar of interest earned on BCPL State Trust Fund investments to Wisconsin’s public schools. The 2016 earnings of $37.7 million are the largest distribution in the agency’s history and provide the sole source of state funding for K‑12 public school library materials.
A list of 2016 library aid received by each public school district is available at: http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov/docview.asp?docid=27361&locid=145.
Established in 1848 by the State Constitution, the BCPL consists of the Secretary of State Doug La Follette, State Treasurer Matt Adamczyk, and Attorney General Brad Schimel. The BCPL manages the Common School Fund, which was created in Article X of Wisconsin’s Constitution, as a permanent endowment to benefit public education.
To learn more about the agency, visit http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov.