Our 9-Pin Doubles winners turned out to be Brian Casey and Brett Biederman. They had a doubles series score of 1755. Congrats fellas!!!
I should have all the checks ready by this weekend. Stop in and pick up your money. Checks that still are here after the weekend will be sent out early next week.
Our new lanes are being installed this week and our hopes are that we’ll have them ready to bowl on by May 20th. We’ll see how it goes!! I’ll give you an update in next week’s “Rockpile”.
• 1959 Song of the Day: “Oh, Lonesome Me'” – Don Gibson
• 1961 Song of the Day: “Don’t Worry” – Marty Robbins
• 1970 Song of the Day: “My Woman, My Woman, My Wife” – Marty Robbins
• 1979 Song of the Day: “Backside of Thirty” – John Conlee
• 1982 Song of the Day: “Mountain Music” – Alabama
• 1851 – John Gorrie patented the first ice making machine.
• 1915 – Babe Ruth hit his first home run in the majors.
• 1933 – John Deere produced the first steel plow.
• 1941 – Bob Hope gave his first USO show.
• 1964 – The New York Yankees announced that they would be the first major league team to travel by airplane during the entire 1946 season.
• 1975 – President Ford declared an end to the Vietnam War.
• 1977 – Seattle Slew won the Kentucky Derby. He went on to win the triple crown. The horse died in 2002 at the age of 28.
• 2005 – 50-1 long shot Giacomo won the Kentucky Derby. He won 1.6 million dollars.
• 2010 – Betty White became the oldest person ever to host Saturday Night Live. She was 88.
Ole and Lena
Lena asks her boyfriend Ole to come over for dinner on Friday and meet her parents. This being a big event, Lena tells Ole that after dinner, she would like to go out and (vell ya know) for the first time.
Well Ole is ecstatic, but he has never (vell ya know) before, so he takes a trip to the pharmacist to get some protection. The pharmacist helps Ole out for about an hour. He teaches Ole all there is to know about protection and (vell ya know).
At the register the pharmacist asked how many he’d like to buy. Ole said he’d like to buy the family pack because he thought he’d be pretty busy, it being the time and all.
That night Ole shows up at Lena’s house. Lena says, “Ole, I’m so excited for you to meet my parents. Come on in.”
Ole goes inside and is taken to the dinner table where Lena’s parents are seated. Ole quickly offers to say grace and bows his head. A minute passes and Ole is still praying. Three minutes pass and still no movement from Ole. Finally after five minutes of praying with his head down, Lena leans over and said, “I had no idea you were so religious.”
Ole turns and whispers back, “I had no idea your father was a pharmacist!!!”
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Carla and Dick Lingerfelt of Glenwood City, Wisconsin.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net