Rockpile – 2-9-2016
Tracy Lawson bowled the high single game of the year last week (for the ladies) by putting a very nice 259 game up on the tote board. Lawson rolled a 564 series along with the 259 game. Good job, Tracy!!!
We had two squads of 9-pin bowlers here over the weekend also. Chris Lawson jumped out ahead in Singles with a 861 series while Chris and his wife Tracy rolled a 1648 doubles score to take the lead in doubles.
Did you happen to watch the Superbowl?? I was happy to see that Payton Manning got a “W”. I think that was Manning’s “last rodeo” as he hinted earlier last week. Cam Newton showed his true colors after the loss, he acted like a two-year-old!!! What a whiner!! (Last year after their loss to the Patriots, quarterback Russell Wilson of Seattle stepped up to the microphone and blamed himself for the loss – no excuses. Now he’s got class!!) Enough of that.
• 1969 Song of the Day: “Daddy Sang Bass” – Johnny Cash
• 1975 Song of the Day: “Then Who Am I” – Charlie Pride
• 1987 Song of the Day: “Leave Me Lonely” – Gary Morris
• 1991 Song of the Day: “Daddy’s Come Around” – Paul Overstreet
• 1910 – The Boy Scouts of America was founded
• 1924 – The gas chamber was used for the first time as a form of execution in Nevada.
• 1936 – The first NFL draft was held.
• 1968 – The “Planet of the Apes”, starring Charlton Heston opened.
• 1969 – The final issue of The Saturday Evening Post was published, a magazine that was started in 1921.
• 1994 – Actor Jack Nicholson attacked a car with a golf club. He believed the driver of the car had cut him off in traffic.
• 1828 – Jules Verne (“The Father of Science Fiction”)
• 1925 – Jack Lemon (actor)
• 1934 – Hank Aaron (Baseball player)
• 1904 – John Deere (inventor and founder of John Deere Company)
More Ole & Lena Stories
Ole: “Lars, I heard that you saved a man’s life in a restaurant last week.”
Lars: “Ya. I sure did. I advised him not to eat the lutefisk.”
Ole and Lars were visiting France. They went to an oyster bar where the waitresses were topless. Said Lars to the waitress, “Ve would like a dozen oysters…and can you bring them vun at a time?”
Just a reminder that we are featuring “The Weekenders” on Saturday Night, February 13th from 8:30-12:30. Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Randy and Dori Thompson of Glenwood City, Wis.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net