Rockpile – 1-27-2016
Rockpile – 1-27-2016
We had a few nice games and series last week here at the Ol’ Rockpile.
John Hager bowled a 276 game while putting together a dandy 697 series. Matt McGee rolled a 256 games with a 648 series.
And on the Thursday Senior league, Dave Forrest averaged close to 200 in his three games while putting up a 599 series. Unfortunately, Dave and his Global Genetics were bowling against my Leaker’s team. “Genetics” wound up thrashing our team by taking 21 out of 24 points. Good bowling, Dave!
On the Wednesday Nite Ladies League Dori Thompson and Nancy Thompson both converted the very difficult 4-6-10 split. Nice job ladies!!
• 1961 Song of the Day: “North to Alaska” – Johnny Horton
• 1964 Song of the Day: “Loves Gonna Live Here” – Buck Owens
• 1969 Song of the Day: “Daddy Sang Bass” – Johnny Cash
• 1985 Song of the Day: “How Blue'” – Reba
• 1924 – The first Winter Olympic games were held
• 1927 – Jack Benny married Mary Livingstone.
• 1961 – J.F.K. gave his first news conference from Washington, D.C.
• 1970 – The movie version of M.A.S.H. opened in theatres.
• 1971 – Charles Manson was found guilty of masterminding the killings of actress Sharon Tate and six others.
• 1987 – Super Bowl XXI: NY Giants 39, Denver Broncos 20
• 1998 – Super Bowl XXXII: Denver Broncos 31, Green Bay Packers 24
A police officer pulls over a speeding car. The officer says, “I clocked you at 80 miles per hour, sir.”
The driver says, “Goodness, officer, I had it on cruise control at 60; perhaps your radar gun needs calibrating.”
Not looking up from her knitting the wife says: “Now don’t be silly dear, you know that this car doesn’t have cruise control.”
As the officer writes out the ticket, the driver looks over at his wife and growls, “Can’t you please keep your mouth shut for once?”
The wife smiles demurely and says, “Well, dear, you should be thankful your radar detector went off when it did or your speed would have been higher.”
As the officer makes out the second ticket for the illegal radar detector unit, the man glowers at his wife and says through clenched teeth, “Woman, can’t you keep your mouth shut?”
The officer frowns and says, “And I notice that you’re not wearing your seatbelt, sir. That’s an automatic $75 fine.”
The driver says, “Yeah, well, you see, officer, I had it on, but I took it off when you pulled me over so that I could get my license out of my back pocket.”
The wife says, “Now, dear, you know very well that you didn’t have your seatbelt on. You never wear your seat belt when you’re driving.”
And as the police officer is writing out the third ticket, the husband turns to his wife and barks, “WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP??”
The officer looks over at the woman and asks, “Does your husband always talk to you this way, ma’am? ”
“Only when he’s been drinking,” she replied.
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Joe and Vicki Grant of Glenwood City, Wis.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net [/ememb