Rockpile – 1-20-2016
The Saturday Nite Mixed League finished their first half this weekend with the B.O.O.B. team taking first half honors. The team consists of Bernie and Peg Obermueller and Dave and Wendy Brandt. Congrats, guys!!!
“4 of a Kind” were the winners of the first half on the Sunday Nite League. Members of this team are Peg Heutmaker, Rick Bonte, Linda Schouten, and Eric Klatt. Great job!!
Well, the Packers gave us one more shot to go in the playoffs but came a little short. The fact that Rogers threw another “Hail Mary” pass was phenomenal!! On to next year!!
I’m picking Arizona and New England to be in Super Bowl 50!!!
• 1960 Song of the Day: “Running Bear” – Johnny Preston
• 1963 Song of the Day: “The Ballad of Jed Clampett” – Flatt & Scruggs
• 1983 Song of the Day: “Swingin'” – John Anderson
• 1918 – Stan Laurel started working with the Hal Roach movie studio!
• 1932 – Los Angeles’ Greatest Snowfall Ever: A record 2 inches.
• 1953 – President Harry S. Truman became the first president to use radio and television to give his farewell address as he left office.
• 1967 – At the L.A. Coliseum, Green Bay Packers 35, Kansas City Chiefs 10, in the first-ever world championship game in American football.
• 1974 – The first episode of “Happy Days” aired. The show lasted for 10 seasons.
• 1899: Al Capone
• 1922: Betty White
• 1935: A.J. Foyt
Senior Bumper Stickers
• I never use my TURN SIGNAL. It’s nobody’s business where I’m freakin’ going.
• When I got a headache, I take two aspirin and keep away from children, just like it says on the bottle.
• Instead of cleaning the house, I just turn off the lights.
• I drink coffee…for your protection.
An airline introduced a special package for businessmen: Buy your ticket, get your wife’s ticket free. After great success, the company sent letters to all the wives asking how the trip was. 72% of them gave the same reply: “What trip?”
Rest and Quiet
Doctor: “Madam, your husband needs rest and quiet so here are some sleeping pills.”
Wife: “Doc, when should I give them to him?”
Doctor: “Never, they are for you!”
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Doug and Lori Johnson of Woodville, Wis.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net