Rockpile – 12-30-2015
Congratulations to the Obermueller Trucking-2 Ladies team. They wrapped up the second quarter on the Thursday Nite Ladies League. This team is made up of Maria Halbach, Sara Klatt (Prichard), Angela McGee and Raechel Pritchard. Good job gals!!
We started our Christmas Tournament last week. We have approx. 25 teams signed up. There are still a few good shifts available. If you’re interested please stop on or call 715-565-7300. We will run this tournament for eight nights.
• 1966 Song of the Day: “I’m a Believer” – The Monkees
• 1963 Song of the Day: “Ring of Fire” – Johnny Cash
• 1971 Song of the Day: “American Pie” – Don McLean
• 1956 Song of the Day: “Hound Dog” – Elvis
• 1620 – The Mayflower arrived at Plymouth, Mass.
• 1937 – Walt Disney introduced the movie “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”.
• 1959 – Tom Landry accepted the head coaching job with the Dallas Cowboys, a position he held until 1988.
• 1978 – Police arrested John Wayne Gacy in Illinois. The police found the remains of 33 men and boys in Gacy’s backyard. He was found guilty and executed in May 1994.
A few silly Christmas Riddles
• What did Adam say on the day before Christmas?
It’s Christmas, Eve.
• How do sheep say Merry Christmas in Mexico?
• What did the bald man say when he got a comb for Christmas?
Thanks, I’ll never part with it!!
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Tom Maes of Glenwood City, Wis.
Merry Christmas!!! – Larry and Cheryl Standaert
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net