Rockpile – 11-25-2015
Rockpile – 11-25-2015
With deer hunting and Thanksgiving taking place, we’ll take a welcomed break from bowling for the week.
On our Buck Board, we have a few dandy bucks that were brought in. Jason Maes brought a “big fella” on Sunday. He harvested a huge 14 point buck with a 21″ spread. Chuckie DeSmith shot a 9 point with a 19″ spread Brent Standaert got a 7 pointer with a 15.5″ spread and finally yours truly downed a nice 10 point buck with a 16″ spread. A lot of nice bucks were taken this past weekend.
• 1962 Song of the Day: “I’ve Been Everywhere” – Hank Snow
• 1970 Song of the Day: “Fifteen Years Ago” – Conway Twitty
• 1978 Song of the Day: “Sleeping Single in a Double Bed” – Barbara Mandrell
• 1835 – The horseshoe manufacturing machine was patented.
• 1889 – The first jukebox was placed in service in California. Juke, at the time, was a slang word for house of ill repute.
• 1945 – Wartime rationing ended in the United States.
• 1957 – “Have Gun Will Travel” debuted on CBS.
• 2011 – Jim Hendrix was named greatest guitar in history by Rolling Stone magazine.
• 1859 – Billy the Kid.
• 1887 – Boris Karloff.
• 1888 – Harpo Marx.
Just because Thanksgiving is coming up, I thought you would enjoy this original recipe!!!
I thought this sounded good! Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing ingredient – imagine that. When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who are just not sure how to tell when a turkey is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.
8 – 15 lb. turkey
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good)
1 cup un-popped popcorn (Orville Redenbacher’s Low Fat is the best)
Salt/Pepper to tasted.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt, and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan, making sure the neck end is toward the front of the oven, not the back.
After about 4 hours, listen for the popping sounds.
When the turkey’s butt blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room…it’s done.
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Dale and Sue Riba of Glenwood City, Wis.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net