Rockpile – 11-11-2015
This week we’ll take a look at the mixed doubles leagues. The Sat. Nite Mixed league finds “The Pack” leading the rest of the field by 4 points. “The Pack” is made up of Rick and Lori Obermueller, and Dion and Lori Klinger.
The other Saturday night mixed doubles, Sat. Nite Live, has “Family Affairs” out in front by 9 points. That team consists of James, Cindy, Michelle and Roger Drury.
Finally on the Sunday Nite Ma + Pa league, “4 of a Kind” is in the number one spot so far with 4.5 point lead. Here is the roster of the “4 of a Kind” team: Linda Schouten, Rick Bonte, Eric Klatt, and Peg Heutmaker.
The Doubles bowled some nice scores in the past week also. Here are a few: Dennis Berends – 222, Dan Klatt – 219, Bernie Obermueller – 217, Brian Casey – 247, Lori Klinger – 255, Peg Heutmaker – 201, Peg Obermueller – 200. Brian Stevens rolled a 275 game and Dave Brandt rolled a 240.
Lori Klinger also rolled a dandy 632 series. Nice bowling, keglers!!
Just a reminder: Card players – we have a few spots left in our Pfieffer Tournament this Saturday, Nov. 14. We’ll start at noon sharp!! Call 715-565-7300 if interested.
• 1972 Song of the Day: “It’s Not Love (But It’s Not Bad)” – Merle Haggard
• 1980 Song of the Day: “On The Road Again” – Willie Nelson
• 1986 Song of the Day: “Diggin’ up Bones” – Randy Travis
• 1988 Song of the Day: “Darlene” – T. Graham Brown
• 1927 – Giant Pandas were discovered in China.
• 1938 – “Jack and Jill”, the children’s magazine, was first published.
• 1948 – “This Is Your Life” debuted on TV
• 1964 – “Wizard of Id” comic strip debuted
• 1982 – Sugar Ray Leonard retired from boxing after an eye injury
• 1984 – Donna Reed joined the cast of “Dallas” as Miss Ellie Ewing.
Last Will of Mr. Farmer
To my wife – my overdraft at the bank – maybe she can explain it.
To my bank – my soul – he has the mortgage on it anyway.
To my neighbor – my clown suit – he’ll need it if he continues to farm as he has in the past.
To the ASCS – my grain bin – I was planning to let them take it next year anyway.
To the county agent – 50 bushels of corn to see if he can hit the market – I never could.
To the junk man – all my machinery – he’s had his eye on it for years.
To my undertaker – a special request – I want six implement and fertilizer dealers for my pall bearers. They are used to carrying me.
To the weatherman – rain and sleet and snow for the funeral, please – no sense in having good weather now.
To the grave digger – don’t bother. The hole I’m in should be big enough.
Religious Rockpile Readers of the Week
Wayne and Sharon Bundy of Downing, Wis.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net