Rockpile – 10-7-2015
Nick Veenendaal, who subs for Obermueller Trucking on the Hometown League, put up some nice numbers last week with a 250 game and 681 series. On that same league, Brian Stevens rolled a 234 game and Troy Elmer rolled a 224. Bill and Jon Standaert bowled a 231 and 234 respectively on the Sat. Nite Live circuit.
On the Wed. Nite Ladies League Cindy Rassbach, who sports a 188 average, bowled a 237 game and a 652 series this past Wednesday night. Kathy Alleman, who is a teammate to Rassbach, tossed a 226 game and 513 series. Nice bowling, ladies!!!
• 1960 Song of the Day: “Alabam” – Cowboy Copas
• 1961 Song of the Day: “Hang Down Your Head Tom Dooley” – Kingston Trio
• 1976 Song of the Day: “Since I Met You Baby” – Sonny James
• 1977 Song of the Day: “Daytime Friends” – Kenny Rogers
• 1950 – “You Bet Your Life”, the popular TV show, debuted in October of this year. It was hosted by Groucho Marx.
• 1947 – “Give ‘Em Hell” – Harry Truman became the first President to make use of television from the White House.
• 1974 – David Kunst became the first person to walk around the world. It took him four years and 21 pairs of shoes. He walked 14,450 miles.
Presidential Quote of the Day: “I may be President of the United States, but my private life is nobody’s damned business.” – Chester A. Arthur (1881-1885)
Pinocchio, Snow White and Superman are out for a stroll in town one day.
As they walk, they come across a sign:
“Beauty contest for the most beautiful woman in the world.”
“I am entering,” said Snow White.
After half an hour she comes out and they ask her, “Well, how did you do?”
“First Place,” said Snow White.
They continue walking and they see a sign: “Contest for the strongest man in the world.”
“I’m entering,” says Superman.
After half an hour he returns and they ask him, “How did you make out?”
“First Place,” answers Superman. “Did you ever doubt?”
They continue walking when they see a sign: “Contest! Who is the greatest liar in the world?”
Pinocchio says, “This is mine.”
Half an hour later, he returns with tears in his eyes.
“What happened?” they asked.
“Who the hell is Hillary Clinton?” asked Pinocchio.
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Wayne and Cyndy Tuttle of Glenwood City.
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net