Just a reminder, Thursday Nite Ladies League will have your Fun Nite this Thursday night, starting at 6 p.m.
Our Hometown and Town and Country leagues will have Fun Nite on Tuesday, the day after Labor Day.
We will be having a bean bag tournament on Saturday, Sept. 12, right after the car show. We will hold it right out in front of “Leaker’s” starting at 3 p.m. Stop or call to sign up. It is filling up fast. We will take the first 16 teams – first come, first serve!
Also on Friday night, Sept. 11th we’ll have an informal meeting of the Class of 1967. Any other alumni are welcome to join us. We’ll start at approximately 7 p.m.
Rustic Lore is right around the corner!!!
• 1958 Song of the Day: “Blue, Blue Day” – Don Gibson
• 1963 Song of the Day: “Ring of Fire” – Johnny Cash
• 1971 Song of the Day: “Good Lovin’ ” – Tammy Wynette
• 1979 Song of the Day: “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” – Charlie Daniels Band
• 1837 – John Lea and William Perrins of Worchester, England, began making their Worcestershire (Worchester) sauce.
• 1884 – The first picture of a tornado was taken near Howard, South Dakota.
• 1965 – 17-year-old Fred DeLuca opened the first submarine sandwich restaurant. A friend loaned him $1,000 to get started. A year later, they changed their name to “Subway”.
• 2005 – Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans.
Words and Definitions
1. Arbitrator: A cook that leaves Arby’s to work at McDonald’s.
2. Bernadette: The act of torching a mortgage.
3. Burglarize: What a crook sees through.
4. Avoidable: What a bullfighter tries to do.
5. Counterfeiter: Workers who put together kitchen cabinets.
6. Left Bank: What the bank robbers did when their bag was full of money.
7. Heroes: What a man in a boat does.
8. Parasites: What you see from the Eiffel Tower.
9. Paradox: Two physicians.
10. Pharmacist: A helper on a farm.
11. Relief: What trees do in the spring.
12. Rubberneck: What you do to relax your wife.
13. Selfish: What the owner of a seafood store does.
14. Sudafed: Brought litigation against a government official.
Religious Rockpile Reader of the Week
Bob and Cindy Fouks of Glenwood City.
(Nice Birthday Party Bubs!!! Happy 50th!!)
Have a cute story or joke?
P.O. Box 213
Glenwood City, WI 54013
or you can email: Leaker@cltcomm.net